C-sections
Options

bfing after RCS

Last time I had crazy problems bfing. I was in labor for 30 hrs and pushed for 3. I had general anasthesia and DS was in NICU for 4 days for heart issues. I didn't get to see him for 2 days at all. I pumped from the begining but he got loads of formula as my milk only came in on day 10. So as a result he hated bfing and it was super painful and hard for me for the first 6-8 weeks. I'm having a RCS in February and already dreading bfing. For second timers was it as hard/painful the second time around? There's a 3.5 yr diff b/w the babies if that changes anything.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bfing after RCS

• Options
    I never got to bf my first. My 2nd had an awful latch due to my inverted nipples (not seeing an LC right away to help with that) and jaundice and being too tired to eat. I fought through the pain for 12w, but then switched to EP. I was able to nurse him within the hour of his birth, but his latch was awful.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah if all goes well this time I'll get to nurse w/in an hour or two of birth but can't say I'm looking fwrd to it Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told MH that if I will switch to pumping much sooner if the next one has the same amount of problems. The pain never got better and I was seeing a LC twice a week
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I didn't have difficulties with my first, and while my second section and baby had complications, I thought it was just as easy this time around. My milk came in quicker (2 days PP, versus 5), and though DD had some birth injuries, she would fuss a minute until I got her in a more comfortable position and she latched great. She even had to spend a significant amount of time in the nursery, but I just went in and fed her every 2 hours. I also did not experience the extreme pain/soreness like I did with my first. I got really tender after the first couple of days, but just used lanolin a few days and then it was fine. I was so nervous I would have problems this time, but I didn't.

I really hope it goes much more easily for you this time! I wish you the best!

• Options
    Way easier the 2nd time around.  My milk came in faster, I didn't have to contend with figuring out what to do with a baby so I could finally get the hang of BFing, I knew enough to bring my boppy to the hospital ... it was so much better the 2nd time around.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"