C-sections

Post CS bleeding

I had an unplanned CS to delivery my boy on 10/13, due to complications. I had post delivery bleeding that tapered off about three days ago. I didn't even need a panty liner, it was gone.  However, last night, I started bleeding again. It's not all clotted like it was in the beginning, it seems pretty "thin" actually. But, I was concerned over it starting up again.

Anyone else experience this? I'm not one to call my Dr. for every little thing, and I don't know if this is totally a normal thing, or not. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Post CS bleeding

• I actually just had a c-section due to complications on 100/20/11 and my doctor told me that the bleeding would start and stop on its on for about 6 weeks. They said it would eventually change color and consistency, but as long as it wasn't heavy or huge clots coming you should be fine.

Hope that helps you! :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • On an off is normal as long as you're not passing clots.
  • Loading the player...
  • ditto pp.

I had complications after delivery and needed a D&C.  So initially I stopped bleeding within 3 days.  And had nothing at all til yesterday.  Now I'm having bleeding like what I expected to all along.  I think it restarted because I am finally feeling better and doing more things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's normal to bleed off and on for around 6w. It could be a sign that you over did it yesterday.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Like others said, on and off bleeding is "normal"--I notice on the days I am walking around more or doing more that I bleed more. It's only when the clots are large (like I experienced with my 1st c/s) that it's a red flag and you'd need to see your dr. stat.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal.  I bled lightly on and off for 5 weeks.  There were times that I thought it was gone and then I would get little gushes here and there.  It can increase with the amount of activity you are doing too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"