Health & Exercise

need workout advise to get into shape before getting pg

I cancelled my next depo shot which would have been in 2 weeks. We want to shortly after that try to get pregnant. Right now im probably 20lbs over where I usually am and totally out of shape. I just joined the gym this week and have stopped eating fast food and am eating more healthy food.

So what are the best exercises to strengthen my back? My back killed me during my 1st pregnancy so i know i need to strengthen my back and core.

I plan on lots of cardio and leg exercises . I just wanted some advise of the best things to do

tia

Re: need workout advise to get into shape before getting pg

• Squats and Deadlifts...  But no "girly" equipment - we're talking, in the rack and going down to full depth (i.e. break 90degree parallel with your knees and hips such that you can see stuff rolling down hill if you catch my drift)...  Both will work your full posterior chain.  Don't forget your arms - Benching with good form will also help there.

Most of all, if you're using weights that are lighter than a 1yo (anything under 25) you aren't giving yourself proper resistence..  You also need to balance out your training and not just focus on one area - if you overtrain legs and don't train your upper body at all you'll have a lot of imbalances, same goes if you only train arms and forget the rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cardio, cardio....and more cardio. I started working out (boxing and weight lifting) with a trainer twice a week in Feb with the goal of losing weight before TTC. I lost 3% of my body fat within the first 2 months, but no change in the scale. It wasn't until I started running 4-5x a week that I saw the weight come off. I'm now in great shape and still see my trainer twice a week, run 3x a week and I do an interval training workout once a week. I've lost almost 20 lbs, almost 10% of my body fat and I'm still going hard to reach 24% body fat. 

Tip: My trainer is very against the elliptical and believes the only way to get into great cardio shape and tone your legs is to run (I lost 2 inches off both legs in two weeks of running). Unless you are overweight or have an injury I would suggest running....It took me a few months to get past shin splints (I have flat feet) and soreness in general, but without running I wouldn't be in the shape I am in today (FYI my cellulite is almost all gone! and let me tell you ladies I've had pretty bad cellulite since my late teens).

GL! 

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"