Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

9 days is too early right??

I had my D&C last Tuesday (10/18). I had some very very light spotting after but haven't had anything since Saturday. I was standing in the kitchen a little while ago and felt like I was "leaking" down there then felt wetness. I thought I was crazy then it happened again, so I went to the bathroom and I'm bleeding. I bled through my underwear and my pants. It reminds me of when I started bleeding 2 weeks ago when the miscarriage began. There was a small clot too, maybe about the size of a nickle.

Is it possible for it to be AF already?? Or could it be some left over tissue or something that was left behind?  I'm kinda nervous. My plan is to try and relax tonight and see if the bleeding continues, if it gets worse, stays the same or stops and to call my doctor in the morning. I'm thinking that it's way too early for AF so I'm scared something might be wrong...

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
TTC OUR first
BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 9 days is too early right??

• Options

Sorry for your loss.

After my D&C I did have some "leaking" blood and a few small clots off and on for about two weeks. AF arrived 32 days after the D&C. I knew it was her because the cramps were pretty severe (everyone for warned that the first AF would be a little more painful than I remembered). 

The only reason that would cause me concern is if you are filling a pad every hour and also running a fever.

Best wishes to you.

• Options
    I can't say from experience, but I saw that someone else posted that their dr. said they would need to stop bleeding for two weeks before they could consider bleeding AF.  I m/c naturally on Monday, felt fine on Tuesday with only light spotting, got crampy yesterday and passed another piece of tissue.  My guess is that your bleeding is still from the m/c... I'm sorry this isn't over for you yet.  I know this has been very hard and I've been thinking about you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure nine days isn't enough for the lining to become think enough for AF. Then again you never really know. My guess is that you had a clot that needed to be expelled. My ob told me I could bleed and pass clots for two weeks post d&c. I'm sorry your going through this.
    photo 35d244fc-d783-4f72-9f87-95af3ae7a0be.jpgLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I called my clinic yesterday to get the low down on post D&C bleeding and found out that it can be intermittent, with lots of starts and stops anywhere up to 3-6 weeks. Remember that you won't ovulate until your levels drop, so I doubt that it is your period, I think it is probably just your uterus healing....the only way for it to heal is to drain and bleed.

My D&C was two weeks ago and if I work out I start to bleed intermittently too.

I'm sorry, I know how jarring and frustrating this is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"