C-sections
Options

Pregnancy post c-section.... extreme pain anyone?

I've had 2 c/s.  I remember complaining of pain when I was pg with DS2 but nothing like I'm experiencing now.  With DS2 the pain was in my incision site, ob told me it was totally normal and to "take it easy" (with a toddler? ha!).  I'm having much more pain this time around (almost like arthritis in my whole body) which I know is just because I'm older than I was back when, I know it's just pregnancy related.  However, I'm having the incision site pain too, to the point where I can barely walk.  Not good when I've got two little guys who are so active and used to me playing with them all the time.

Last night, it felt like my incision was going to rip open.  It was pain like the week following my c-section if I got behind on meds.  Super extreme.

I've talked to my ob, Tylenol doesn't do a lick for me.  She said my only other option was vicodin which I'm not comfortable with (I'm a SAHM, I can't be on vicodin while caring for my kids...).

I'm wondering.... do you think a belly bandit or something would help??  I've never used one but was thinking I might buy one now.  Especially if it would help with the pain.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with this??  Can it even be worn during pregnancy?

TIA! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Pregnancy post c-section.... extreme pain anyone?

• Options

I had EXTERME pain after my c section...but i think thats because it was my first and i didnt know what to expect. Id say try the band...see if it helps. Im getting my second c section in 7 weeks...and totaly am scard the same thing is going to happen again. (non of the pain meds worked bc my metabolisum (spelling*) absorbs it quicker than it can get in to me.

Are you sure there is no infection?

• Options
    Yep, after mine I had horrible pain. It was strongest at the incision site, but radiated all throughout my body. After my spinal wore off and for days and weeks to come I felt like someone tried to stab me to death. My husband had to wash my feet and legs the first few weeks it was so bad. I'd like to hear some suggestions too, in case this happens to me again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, let me clarify: the pain I have is during subsequent pregnancies, not talking about the post-surgery pain.  Yesterday and today I've been in as much pain as if I'd just had surgery and wasn't taking meds.  It's ridiculous, I can barely walk right now  Sad

I found the Boppy Pregnancy Support band on Amazon and ordered that shortly after posting.  It's made for pregnancy support rather than the Belly Bandit which I think is just postpartum.  Hopefully it will help a little?? 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagethesarge85:

Are you sure there is no infection?

No, not an infection - no symptoms of infection at all. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Definitely try a pregnancy support belt, I think they make different designs if the one you ordered doesn't work. Could it be that thing where your pubic bones come apart? I'd google a link, but I'm on my phone...I'll look it up later! You might also want to look into getting checked out by a chiropractor, mine helped with my sciatica during my second pregnancy..
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"