Two Under 2
Options

Terrified!

I have an absolutely perfect and gorgeous 7 month old son who is the LIGHT of his father's and my life.  I just found that I am pregnant today and my husband and I have both cried a lot and are just not able to be excited.  We feel absolutely terrible for not being happy and for being scared.  It's such a different experience than when we found out we were pregnant with our first.  My husband really only wanted one child and I thought I might want want another SOMEDAY but definitely not so soon. I am currently at home with my son (I have a year's leave from teaching...) and we were strongly considering my not going back at all.  I had been considering opening my own business that I could run from the house so I could be with the baby.  Now it seems like all of our "plans" have been thrown out of the window.  We are afraid that it will be financially and emotionally difficult.  We are worried that we won't have enough time for EITHER child.  I know this happens to plenty of people and they make it through just fine.  I guess I am looking for reassurance!  Any great advice or success stories?

Re: Terrified!

• Options

My DS was 7 months old when I found out I was pg again.  I understand your worries - I think we all worry that we won't give them enough attention.

But I am here to tell you that giving your son a sibling close in age is a WONDERFUL gift.  My DD and DS are best friends.  They get so excited to see each other when they wake up from naps.  They laugh at each other, and love to play together.  They keep each other entertained.  Yes, they do fight, but don't all kids? 

2 weeks ago, I found out I am pg with #3 and will have 3 under 3.5...and I am terrified of that.  But pregnancy is 9 months for a reason - we can get used to the idea slowly!   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yep, I cried.  I was so unhappy - until my first ultrasound.  From that moment on I just knew it would be ok.

Honestly, it's not as horrible as I thought it would be!  In fact, I think I'm ready to start trying for #3...  although I'm not sure my DH is on board with that.  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"