Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Reduce my static please!

So most of my life I've mindlessly put dryersheets in the dryer. And since venturing into the world of ecofriendliness, I found about all the chemicals. So I immediately stopped using dryer sheets and learned about dryer balls. And they claim to reduce static like dryersheets. This has not been the case for me. What am I doing wrong? I tried vinegar in the wash a few times, with no difference. Any ideas??

Re: Reduce my static please!

• Options
    Could you be over-drying?  That's a big cause of static.
  • Options
    Not sure! I use 1/4 cup white vinegar in the wash- I put it in that cup thing in the agitator. Then I use those plastic dryer balls...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For you pants, skrits & Shirts, try putting a safety pin on the inseam. I heard about this on pintrest. i tried it yesterday and it worked pretty well.

also- have you tried wool dryer balls?

AND- try pulling whatever it is your drying out of the dryer 1/2 way thru, and let it air dry the rest of the way.

hope that helps.

imageimage
  • Options
    Strange thing is.. The only thing I dry all the way are towels. Everything either goes straight to the drying rack, or dries for 10-15 minutes to get wrinkles out then hung while damp. The dryer balls didn't do anything, IMO. So still had static. I haven't tried the plastic balls, as we have tried to eliminate all plastics in the home. My bf notices the static more then I do. So if I want to win the battle against dryer sheets, I've got to find a solution. And I mentioned in a previous post, about the static was mainly in synthetic fibers, ie dry fit shirts and what not. Should we be washing these completely separately? I don't put these in the dryer typically and they are still staticy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"