January 2011 Moms

Nap question

On average how long does your LO usually nap and how many naps.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nap question

• She gets dropped off at my Aunt at 6:15 and she plays until 7. She then goes to sleep until 10am. Up and plays until 1 pm... then she naps for 1 hour until 2 pm. She may or may not nap before bedtime at 7pm.  Most days she takes a 20 min nap in the cap at 5pm on her way home.
  • Right now it varies wildly because teeth are evil. 

She usually takes 2 naps.  She wakes up at 8, then has one starting at 10:30-11-ish lasting until noon (which I take to prep lunch for us, get dressed, etc) then a second one starting at 3:30-4-ish, lasting until 5ish. Her daddy gets her after second naps and I make dinner.  Bedtime is at 8 after Jeopardy.

Today she woke up at 7am, took a nap for like 15 mins at 9, woke up screaming, went back down at 10:30, slept til 11, and now she's back down.  Soooo yeah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just when I think we get a pattern down, its all messed up.

up between 530 and 7, up for an hour and a half, then hour nap. morning 30 min nap. afternoon 1 hour to 2 hour nap. evenin half hour nap.

She seems to be staying up during the day for longer periods.

• I generally just take her cues, rubbing the eyes, yawning, fussy.

• He wakes up usually anywhere from 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock.  Stays up for about 2.5- 3 hours then down for 1st nap from two-three hours.  He usually takes a second nap around 4ish or 5ish.  Lately he has only been taking one name and going to bed for the night at like 7 o'clock.

• We are all over the map but most days he takes 1 nap in the morning usually about an hour (give or take 30 minutes) and some days he'll take a 30 min nap in the afternoon. Wakes anywhere from 5:45 to 6:45am and bed anywhere from 6 to 7pm.
  • We don't have set times. I just go by how long she's been up and how she's acting. She gets very clingy and whiny when she's tired. Most days she gets 3 naps, approx 1.5 hours long each. Some days I can squeeze a fourth in there, but she won't sleep if in the afternoon/evening she knows H is home, so the 4th nap all depends on what time he gets off.

She wakes around 7 and goes to bed somewhere around 8-9. If she's really being a crankosaur, we'll put her down between 7 and 8.

• We're ALL over the place. If she takes a nap in the morning, it will be between 1 and 2 hours. If the nap is longer, she'll usually take a second nap in the early afternoon. If she does not nap in the morning, I'm lucky if I can get any nap in later in the day and she's usually a mess until she falls asleep at like 5 which is a ridiculous time for a long nap because it's too close to bedtime (which is right now between 8 and 9 but I think she wants it to be earlier so I'm watching cues for the next few days).

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • DS takes a nap in the morning around 9 for a 1 and a half to 2 hours, then takes a nap in the afternoon ranging from 1-3 hours

But since he is sick he is having trouble napping Sad And the loud people above us don't help....

• Up at 8am. nap 9:30 - 11am and 1-3pm. Bed at 8pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"