Preemies
Options

~~Thankful Thursday~~

What are you thankful for today?

Lurky-loos can play too Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~Thankful Thursday~~

• Options

Today I am thankful for my DH. Although he definately doesnt get the DH of the year award, he is definately the most amazing father to our girls.  I love how proud he is of them and how much they adore him.  Also despite him complaining every single day about how much he hates his job, I am glad that he works a  2nd shift job so that he can stay home with them during the day.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. That I have nowhere to be, no appointments for Owen, and no visitors today, which allows me to still be unshowered and in pjs at noon.

2. That I have homemade oatmeal raisin cookies to eat.

3. That my parents are coming to visit this weekend and my mum is babysitting and my dad is driving DH and I to the big box stores to stock up on things. 

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  Even though we are going through a tough time right now I am so thankful that my boys are alive.  Sometimes I feel envious of all my friends/family who delivered healthy, full term babies, but when I think about all the other things that could've happened, those thoughts go right out the window.

2.  I am thankful for my DH.  Last night while we were watching tv after we came home from the hospital he turned to me and said, "Even though we are going through this right now I wouldn't trade our lives for anything.  I love you, I love our boys and I love our life."  Just made me tear up writing this.

3.  I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday.

• Options
    imagejenmikw:

1. That I have nowhere to be, no appointments for Owen, and no visitors today, which allows me to still be unshowered and in pjs at noon.

2. That I have homemade oatmeal raisin cookies to eat.

Jealous!

• Options
    I am thankful for my sweet baby girl sleeping 10 hours last night... mommy feels well rested!!
    Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

~I'm thankful for Hilyer having a good eating day yesterday.  The kid ate a whole 1 tbp serving of sweet potatoes and 70 cc of milk before bed.  WOO HOO!

~I'm thankful for my parents.  They spent the night last weekend and I was able to sleep all night.  AND...they are coming up Saturday and DH and I are going to a spa resort in town for the night.  King bed, full night's sleep, massages, and wine Smile

~While I didn't enjoy our 3 hour dr visit on Monday, I'm thankful that our dr is proactive and concerned about H's overall health.  The dr could very easily have said "let's wait and see" but he's concerned about his physical and cognitive development.  

~I'm thankful my DH.  Although we don't always see eye to eye on things, it's nice to know that he's there for love and support.

~I'm thankful for my co-workers.  Several of them are donating sick and person days to me so I will not have to take unpaid days during our upcoming adventures. 

• Options
    imagebhilyer:

What are you thankful for today?

Lurky-loos can play too Smile 

I am thankful that so far E seems to like veggies more than fruit LOL Yay for not inheriting her parents' sweet teeth!

And I am crossing my fingers that I will be thankful that E is off O2 this afternoon. Pulmonology appt at 1300. *fingers crossed for good news* 

ETA: I am thankful it is finally starting to feel like Fall/ Winter in NorCal. I love it!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    We has S's one year photos + our first family portrait made by the photographer I used to work for. Today she gave us our prints for free. I could just cry- no wait, totally did cry. I am so touched and thankful, I had asked my parents to buy the prints for Christmas b/c we are so tight w/the elecare+synagis copays this winter. These are the first professional photos we've ever had done of her and I am all weepy over them :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • Options

imagekaylaaimee:
    We has S's one year photos + our first family portrait made by the photographer I used to work for. Today she gave us our prints for free. I could just cry- no wait, totally did cry. I am so touched and thankful, I had asked my parents to buy the prints for Christmas b/c we are so tight w/the elecare+synagis copays this winter. These are the first professional photos we've ever had done of her and I am all weepy over them :)

That's so awesome! We had a photographer friend donate her time to take family photos in the NICU. It was one of the best days we had there.

--I'm thankful for C's amazing developmental eval. She falls between adjusted and actual age on everything! I was so relieved I cried happy tears in the hospital parking garage, such a change from all the sad tears I've cried there.

--I'm also thankful for our OT who has been incrediblely proactive about getting Cora caught up and notices small delays before they become worrisome big ones.

--I'm thankful for three of my friends at school who keep inviting C and I to our dissertation writing group even though I'm making the world's slowest progress and C is incredibly distracting during our meetings.

• Options

I am thankful for all you ladies, some of whom are in the middle of some of the worst times of your life, and you still muster the energy to see the good around you.  I do realize that this is the point of these posts.  Wink

I have had a terrible time lately with being negative, jealous, resentful, etc.  This post made me cry.  Thank you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I am thankful for DH who rushed home a little early yesterday when I was having a mommy meltdown. Lack of sleep + cluster feeding a LO who wouldn't latch right= stressed out mommy. When he got home I ran out to a breastfeeding store to pick up some goodies.

I am thankful for the ringsling I bought yesterday. It makes me love our round the clock snuggles b/c I can still get things done.

I am thankful for my friend who is coming to visit. I think our walk to the park with our kids will help with some of the at home alone loneliness I've been feeling.

I'm thankful for this board and online community. I truly would go crazy without all of you!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I am so thankful that Gabe's Torticollis was caught early.  I am already starting to see a noticeable difference with his range of motion from the stretches.  He is also crying a lot less when I do his stretches because his neck isn't as tight.  Hopefully we can keep on this path and avoid helmet land.  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"