Trouble TTC
Options

Follistim pen ??

This is the first time I have used the follistim pen and have really liked the ease of it so far.  However, last night I feel like I may have gotten the wrong dosage but maybe I don't understand how it works.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

The box the vial came in says that it is 600 IU.  My injections call for 225 units.  Since last night was day 3 of my injects, I should have used up all of my first vial and had to use another to finish.  (3 days @ 225 units= 675 units).  However, my pen allowed me to push the plunger all the way down and now I am concerned that I did not get the right amount.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follistim pen ??

• Options
    My nurse told me that they actually over fill the vials.  It could be 25iu, 100iu... I don't think you'd ever know how much though, which is kind of confusing.  So as long as your clicking to the correct dosage, you should be fine.  She told me to use everything in the vial so you don't waste anything. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageccam:
    My nurse told me that they actually over fill the vials.  It could be 25iu, 100iu... I don't think you'd ever know how much though, which is kind of confusing.  So as long as your clicking to the correct dosage, you should be fine.  She told me to use everything in the vial so you don't waste anything. 

Well that definitely makes me feel better.  I will ask my nurse...thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The Follistim cartridge is over-filled by about 100IU.  I'm guessing you got the right dose, and there is probably still a little left that you can use tonight, too.  The nice thing about the Follistim pen is that you can dial in your full dose, use up what's left in 1 cartridge, put in a new cartridge, and it will remember how much more you need to equal your full dose.  So if you have 25 IU left in your current cartridge you use that first, put in a new cartridge, and it's only going to dispense 200IU of a new cartridge, and that will give you the full 225IU dose.  It's a pretty cool trick - the Gonal-f pen doesn't work that way! 

Hope that helps!

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

As the others said they have at least 100 - 125IU extra overfill.   

I've also read that the 300IU are the best deal b/c with 3 (300IU) boxes you get about 1200IU and with 1 (900IU) box you only get about 1000IU. 

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options
    imagehootie123:

As the others said they have at least 100 - 125IU extra overfill.   

I've also read that the 300IU are the best deal b/c with 3 (300IU) boxes you get about 1200IU and with 1 (900IU) box you only get about 1000IU. 

SMART!! and awesome!

Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards