School-Aged Children
Options

Costume ideas??

I normally make/come up with DD1's costume. This year I have been at a loss. I finally broke down and bought her a witch costume. I hate that I bought one!!! Last year she was Pippy Longstocking and everyone loved it!

I just don't know what to do this year. Should I just deal with the feelings I have about buying a costume or keep trying til Friday morning??? UGH......

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Costume ideas??

• Options

I almost always buy my kids' costumes. They don't seem too messed up from it. 

Maybe it would help you feel better if you could make a little accessory?  A broom maybe?

• Options
    If you want to stress over it, then keep trying! What does she want to be?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just came from DS's school's Halloween parade and party.  The vast majority of kids' costumes were bought.  Very few were made.

I, too, like to make my kids' costumes.  But occasionally they have found a store costume they really like, or they want to be something that is just too hard for me to make, so we buy costumes.  

Don't beat yourself up about it!  When they're grown, they won't be sitting around saying, "Jeez -- my mom sure copped out on me by not making a costume for me EVERY year!"  They'll most likely remember it as, "Boy, my mom used to make the coolest costumes for me!  Remember that year when I was Pippi Longstocking?"

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    My mom made all of my costumes, but having had that experience - - I buy dd's costumes and I don't think she loves me any less or that I am less of a mom.  My mom was just a creative person who liked to sew (which I am not!).  I am not, and have at least gotten down buying the costumes while they are still in stock!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"