C-sections
Options

Infection

Anyone have an infection after your c-section and have to pack the wound?  I found out my incision was extremely infected today and my husband had to pack it tonight after the dr. cleaned it out today.  I am taking my pain pills, but it was beyond horribly painful.  Just curious what others experiences were.  Is there anything I can do to get through this a little easier?  Has anyone ever been given anything to numb the area?  I may call my dr. in the morning again to see if there is something else I can do. 
7 mm/c
APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

Re: Infection

• Options
    I have not, but I wanted to say how sorry I feel for you.  Its stressful enough to recover and take care of a nb without added painful infections!  I hope the Dr's are able to get you back to good health very soon!  Hang in there!
  • Options
    I am almost recovered from that.  Infection was minor, but I had a hematoma behind the incision that caused it to open.  I am on week five of wound care for it.  My suggestion - see if your insurance would cover a visiting nurse.  I have one and it barely hurts when she packs it.  They are so skilled.  Much better than the doctor and I imagine any member of my family.  So sorry you are dealing with this too.  It's scary and awful in the beginning, but gets a lot better. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my son NOV 3rd 2010. I had him a month early. There were so many complications. Ne way...i wanted to say...my incision had gotten infected december 12th. Well i had been having sever pain from that and inside me. So i went back to the doctors and they said one of the stiches didnt disolve...on top of it...has a utrus infection from them leaving some placenta in me. Needless to say it was double the pain. And pain meds dont work on me because my metabolisum (spelling*) absorbs it to quickly.

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I hope it gets better soon. (im scard the same thing is gunna happen in 7 weeks,...when i have my other baby)

GOOD LUCK!

• Options

I am sorry to hear you are in pain .  My wound got infected and had to be packed daily for 4 months.  A home care  nurse did my packing and I would definatley recommend having home care help if its possible (my husband did not want to be the one to pack it).  The first few times it was packed were abit painful but it did get better. After the first week I didn't have any pain while it was being packed just abit of pressure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you have to deal with an infection. I know how much it can suck on top of normal recovery. I had 90% of my incision re-opened 4 days PP b/c of an infection and hated it. I had it packed daily my a homecare nurse, and then my H took over once he felt comfortable with the procedure. It hurt a little but nothing like you are describing. What are you using to pack it with? I was given a special type of packing material that was wet-packed and the nurse (and DH) were very gentle when cleaning the wound with purified water. Everything was then covered with bandages and tape. I agree that you should check to see if your insurance covers a visit with a nurse. I would also double check the materials being used.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies!  I'm doing a little better now.  They (my Dr. and DH) were packing it with saline soaked gauze, but I got into the wound care place at the hospital and they are now packing it with something much gentler (I can't think of the name right now) that only has to be repacked every few days.  I am supposed to be getting a vacuum on Monday and I have heard that helps a lot.  I'm hoping things keep getting better.
    7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

• Options
    imagesamm1983:
    Thanks for the responses ladies!  I'm doing a little better now.  They (my Dr. and DH) were packing it with saline soaked gauze, but I got into the wound care place at the hospital and they are now packing it with something much gentler (I can't think of the name right now) that only has to be repacked every few days.  I am supposed to be getting a vacuum on Monday and I have heard that helps a lot.  I'm hoping things keep getting better.
    Things will get better, so hang in there. I was crushed when I ended up wih an infection on top of a horrible L&D experience, but looking back it was all worth it. Congrats on your new LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"