Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Can I tell you about my day?

This morning was a tough day. You know how sometimes you have those ugly, body wracking cries where you just can't stop? Yeah that was me today...

As I went to drop my students off at gym this morning, a little girl of mine came to me crying. When I asked her what was wrong she told me that her aunt had passed last night. She said, "I just want to see her one more time. I don't know how to do this. I feel so sad."  :(  Did I mention that she's 7 years old?  Wow. Of course I got pretty emotional too.I mean I do anyway when one of my students cries that earnestly but today it just ripped me in half because she was saying out loud so many of the things that I have and hold inside of me every day you know?

Quite honestly today has been the first time that I've been able to pass on some of so-called "strength" to someone else.  In these past 5 weeks or so, everyone has been comforting us. Today I felt like I could speak from my experience and help someone else for a change when I was speaking from my heart to her about how I'm sad too and that it's normal and okay for us to feel that way. I told her that even when it hurts so bad that we cry it's just another way for us to show that person that we cared about them and loved them. Miraculously on facebook today, someone shared the quote of, "People cry, not because they are weak. It's because they have been strong for too long."  So true huh?  I later took the little girl to our school counselor so that she could talk more. It breaks my heart that she has to feel any measure of what I'm feeling right now but I am somehow thankful (I don't know if that's the word to use or not?) but that she was able to talk to someone that is feeling how she is right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I tell you about my day?

• Options
    *huge hugs*  This story broke my heart but also gave me chills.  How tender this child must be to express herself that way.  You were put in her life at that very moment for a reason.  I hope tomorrow is a better day, hun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hugs coming to you.  And so amazing that you were able to help that sweet girl in the midst of your loss and grief.  I also love that quote. 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hun, you made some progress today. Although it may not feel like, from the outside, or at least to me, it looks like you are making some strides into healing world (whatever healing means...). (((hugs))) It must have been tough. My empathy tends to be closer to the surface now. I just feel things differently after Haleigh. Sounds like you can relate. 

Hang in there....  

• Options
    Huge hugs to you. That story gave me goosebumps.
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    What a sweet child. And that's a great quote.
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

You're so right, that little girl said exactly how I'm feeling and I didn't know how to say it. Thank you for sharing this. That little girl is lucky to have you as a teacher.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    (((HUGS)))
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"