Adoption
Options

moving on

Hi, I am new to this board.  I recently suffered a miscarriage and my husband and I have now decided that we want to adopt a child instead of trying to conceive again.  We had considered adoption even before we started trying and we even went to a orientation meeting at an adoption agency as well.  We are both ready to move on from the loss we experienced and begin this exciting process. We will be adopting through an agency in the Los Angeles area.  If anyone has any advice/tips,etc before we get started that would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: moving on

• Options
    I forgot to mention that we will be doing foster/adopt.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I just wanted to say welcome the board and sorry for your loss the ladies on this board are wonderful.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi and welcome.

You might get some good resources from the FAQs at the top of the board.

• Options

HI! Good Luck with your adoption journey. I don't have any advice as we are in the beginning stages of adoption. This board has been great and I've learned alot here :)

So sorry for your loss!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any advice or tips (other than FAQs) but wanted to welcome you!  I've had multiple losses and dealt with IF treatments, and knowing we are on the path to become parents has brought some peace and relief.  Hope it does the same for you.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss! Welcome to the board- wishing you a quick process!
  • Options
    Hi, and welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome.  You will love this board, the ladies are wonderful.  I also did fost/adopt but in AZ.  I just recently adopted my son.  I think you started at the right place, doing the orientation and starting the classes and paperwork.  Be patient, this will take several months to get everything done and approved thru the courts to be licensed.  I don't have any specific recommendations, but please feel free to PM me if something comes up and you have a question on.  Fost/Adopt is definately not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot more commitment than people think.  You have to be very open minded and patient with the while process.  But once you finally get to adopt your little one, it is so worth all the work you put in.  I wish you all the luck in your new journey to be parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"