DS refuses to wear underpants — The Bump
Potty Training

DS refuses to wear underpants

I'm slowly starting to PT DS and he's fairly good. However, he absolutely refuses to wear underpants (right now he's in pull-ups). If your DC went commando while training, at what point did they seem ok with underpants? And did you push it?

Re: DS refuses to wear underpants

• We went commando while training, on day three we introduced underwear.  It took him a few days before he liked them.  I also made up a song about underwear (he likes music) and I sung it everytime I pulled them out to them on him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekpips20:
    I'm slowly starting to PT DS and he's fairly good. However, he absolutely refuses to wear underpants (right now he's in pull-ups). If your DC went commando while training, at what point did they seem ok with underpants? And did you push it?

DS hates underwear too, doesn't matter if it is training pants, they have Elmo or football, he will put them on and immediately start crying and taking them off... I have had DH make a big deal about underwear, nothing.  Unfortunately he won't go commando either, he just cries for a diaper.  

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  We don't push but DS just turned two so we are letting him go at his own rate.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just skip the pull ups. They are confusing for kids because they are almost the same thing as diapers...except they can pull them up. You need to go cold turkey - no more diapers, no pull ups and just put him in underwear.

He will be OK with it if he helps you throw out all the diapers.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards