Adoption
Options

Failed Placement

We brought home what we thought would be our son on Monday. Today the BM decided she wanted to parent & we had to bring him back to the agency. How do you move on from this? We only knew him for 5 days, but we are so broken right now. I don't know how I can trust that a match will ever have a positive ending.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Failed Placement

• Options

I am so sorry, my heart is aching for you right now.  I have no advice other than take the time you need to mourn your loss.  

((hugs)) 

After THREE years, our IVF miracle is here!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sending ((hugs)) I'm sorry.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

oh my gosh I am so sorry. 5 days is such a long time when you are a new parent.  my heart is broken for you.

You have suffered a massive loss, PLEASE take time to grieve and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. It is a terrible loss.
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss
  • Options

I'm so sorry. I don't have any direct experience, but know that people have had failed placements and still had successful adoptions. If you still feel it's what you want in your heart, it will happen.

In the meantime, take time to grieve, seek counseling if you need to, and know that we're thinking of you.

• Options

I am SO very sorry that you have to go through this!  We had a failed placement after 4 weeks and sometimes I'm not sure at all how we got through it!

My advice - do what you have to do and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.  Chances are there are going to be very few people in your day to day life that really understand what this is like.  Grieve, you've lost a child.  People have a hard time understanding that because there is no funeral, sorry to be so blunt, but that is exactly the issue.

Then, when you are ready, pull yourself together and move forward.  Lean on your DH and you will have an amazing growth in your relationship as well.

Hugs to yoU!

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm sure your heart is breaking....I hope you have family and friends you can lean on for support!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have no answers for you but I'm so sorry this has happened to you. 
    10/27/07
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! We are praying for you!
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear this.  ((hugs)) and prayers for you.  Take care of yourself and take the time you need to grieve.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm  sorry you had to experience this.
  • Options
    imageMayDayGirl:

You have suffered a massive loss, PLEASE take time to grieve and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

This.  I am so so sorry.  My heart is absolutely broken for you.  I'm praying for you and your DH. :(

• Options
    I am so very sorry.  Hugs and Prayers to your and your DH.
    I always wanted to be a mom, I just didn't know how I would get there.
  • Options

I am so sorry.

Take all the time you need to grieve, and don't let anyone guilt you or rush you.  I've heard from people going through this that family and friends often don't understand, and want you to move on so that you aren't in so much pain.  But you'll know when you are ready, and until then, you should really just do what feels right.

Be good to yourself and let yourself slow down.

If you ever want to discuss it, we are here for you.

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. DH & I both feel like we are mourning his life; I don't mean that to offend anyone, just trying to compare it to something. Neither of us is ready to give up on a child in our lives, I just don't know what that path looks like right now. We're talking to our agency social worker & consultant tomorrow. I'm hoping we get some sense of closure or a way to move on soon. I also feel awful that we had to untell family & friends. My family especially is hurting pretty badly right now. :(
  • Options
    I am so so sorry ((((Hugs))))))
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry.
  • Options
    ((Hugs))  I'm so sorry!
    TTC'd unsuccessfully from 2004-2010 Adopted our beautiful baby girl in December 2010!! Currently matched for second adoption
  • Options
    i am just hearbroken for your loss. so very sorry!  ....(((HUGS))).
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    I am so, so sorry. Please take all the time you need to grieve this great loss.
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss.

Please don't let anyone diminish what this is to you, a very real, very difficult loss. My heart breaks for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"