January 2011 Moms

NBR-Wood Burning Fireplace

My DH keeps nagging me about getting one - anyone have one? What do you think? Is it a hassle? Does it cut down on heating bills? Is it worth it? Who primarily takes care of whatever needs to be done with it (you? DH/SO?)?

Re: NBR-Wood Burning Fireplace

• we have one,,, I love it. but it goes through a lot of wood, IMO. And H has to shovel out the ashes a lot, which would be annoying if I had to do it. It doesn't keep the heat bill down because we don't use it all the time but it's cozy and nice. It gets annoying going to buy wood all the time too.... But H takes care of everything. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a gas fireplace we rarely use.  H insists people where we live NEED fireplaces, because there are ICE STORMS, and I'm like dude, I lived in Upstate NY (legit upstate, near Syracuse) and like nobody had fireplaces.  We live in Atlanta.  WTH kind of crack are these people smoking that they neeeed fireplaces for inclement winter weather?

Upkeep of chimneys, on the other hand, I know a good deal about.  Pricey and dirty and necessary.  Chimney fires are no f*ckin joke.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"