Philadelphia Babies
Options

Are there no family docs who see children anymore?!

I grew up going to a family doctor (my parents had a horrendous experience with the local pediatricians with my older brother) and it was always convenient for the entire family to go to the same office.  My husband and I see internists (that we're not in love with), so we thought we'd switch over to a family practice with the baby.  All of the "family practices" I find either a) don't accept kids under 14-16 or b) don't accept Keystone HMO.  It's driving me nuts!  I'm about to suck it up and just pick whatever pediatrician's office is closest to home :-(

Does anyone else go to/want a family physician? Or is this something that people just don't do anymore?  <sigh>

Re: Are there no family docs who see children anymore?!

• Options
    We have been to two places in this area that are family practices. Collegeville Family Practice and Steiner Medical. Good luck on your search, it was especially wonderful to have a family doctor when I was breast feeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know! It seems like it would be great (and convenient).  Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, both are a little far for me (I'm by Bala Cynwyd).  It's nice to know they do still exist though :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hm well I dont know where in the philly region you are, but I used to work for Abington Hospital and they own a whole bunch of family practices that accept kids and I know for a fact they all take Keystone.
  • Options

I'm right by bala cynwyd, so Abington is a little too far away.  I found plenty of places farther from the city, but it just seems like there are none in my general vicinity and it makes me sad. 

On the upside, I've scheduled an introductory visit to a pediatrician who is less than a mile from my house and who was recommended by the folks at the Birth Center in Bryn Mawr, so I'm feeling good about that. :-)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Dr. Joseph Price in Mt. Airy...might be a good fit, worth a try!

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"