School-Aged Children
Options

Teeth

When did your kiddo loose thier first tooth? Lexi is 7 and not a loose one in sight
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teeth

• Options

DS was 5 years 4 mos old.  He is about to loose his 5th tooth at 6.5

Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Options
    DD started losing her teeth at 5 yrs. 2 mos. The range in age for this varies - if you are concerned you can speak with your child's dentist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    About 5 years and 8 months.  He's young for his class and that was on the late side (he didn't lose one until May).  It was killing him.  He lost two in quick sucession and hasn't lost one since - he has one that's been loose forever though.
  • Options
    DD got her first loose tooth about a month ago and she's 6.5. She hasn't lost it yet, it's still just hanging out in there.
    Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My DD is 5 years 4 months and none of her teeth are lose at all although she likes to tell me that they are.  Most of the kids in her PreK class have not lost teeth.  I always thought it was more around age 6 or 7 that they started losing teeth.  I also heard that if kids got their teeth later, they will lose them later.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

My kids were both 5 when they lost first teeth, but they have friends who were 7 or 8 before the first baby tooth fell out.  Most kids start losing teeth at 5 or 6, but it's not out of the ordinary for the first tooth to come out later.

According to my dentist, it's much better if kids get baby teeth later.  Older kids tend to have better brushing habits, so the longer those permanent teeth stay safely under the gums, the better! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    None of DS's teeth are loose either.  I don't remember losing teeth until late 1st/early 2nd grade. I'm kind of glad b/c we would be referred to an ortho for his cross bite even earlier if he was losing them already.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    She's lost three in the last year. Her fourth one is on it's way out. She'll be six at the end of november.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD was 5.5 years when she lost her first tooth.  The second followed a month later and a third sometime this summer.  She also has one loose now..  All are/were bottom teeth.  She is now 6 years, 2 months.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"