January 2011 Moms
Options

Valley, I need help (vegans and veges, come in!)

One of H's friends who is helping us move is a vegan. He may be bringing his wife also, who is a vegetarian. Could you help me come up with something to feed them? Everything will be packed up, so I'm hoping for something I can buy store-bought, minimal prep, and minimal amount of dishes. Everyone else is having pizza, so that's out.  I was oing to buy some fruit salad and a bag of fresh express salad, but I don't know if that's taking the easy way out? Apparently he loves bananas, so I'd get some of those too.

(PS - I'm totally assuming that you're a vegan based on those yummy cookies I saw you wish for on elfster. Please correct me if I've assumed wrong.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Valley, I need help (vegans and veges, come in!)

• Options
    falafels, yummy (I'd just buy 'em)
  • Options

I'd ask if there are any takeout places near you that they would like to order from.  In general, Indian is a really good bet, though some people get weird about Indian.  Chinese or Thai can be a good idea, but they're hit or miss because a lot of the time they use gelatin or beef/chicken stock in their sauces.

If the vegetarian isn't too strict, pizza would be fine but I wouldn't guarantee it for an ethical vegetarian (there's animal-derived stuff in mozzerella and parm a lot of the time). 

But yeah, I'd call and ask them for suggestions.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We asked him yesterday and he said "lots of fruit, and noodles". Noodles are out - I already packed away the colander and the pots are getting boxed up tonight.
  • Options
    Not vegan, but I am dairy free because Sawyer is allergic to dairy.  I have her doc appt this am.  Lemme think on it and I will post with an idea a little later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ok so I tried to type this before but it got deleted so I am going to try again.

Easy taco salad

Daiya cheese (fake cheese)

Soy crumbles (fake meat)

Toffuti cream cheese ( fake cream cheese)

Salsa

Chips

Lettuce

Easy polenta cakes

Get a tube of ready made polenta (comes in yummy flavors...pretty sure this is vegan).  Fry in a little olive oil

Get some vegan pasta sauce (you have to read bc some pasta sauce has milk in it) put this on top of the polenta cakes and you are all done.

Add a few veggies in the pan if you are feeling really like spicing it up.  Red pepper, garlic, onions.

Are these easy enough?

Here's a list I found of ready made vegan foods.

https://www.veganwolf.com/ready_made_vegan_food.htm

• Options
    Do a cheese-less pizza loaded with extra veggies.
  • Options
    cheeseless pizza is a good idea but I would go online and double check the dough ingredients and the sauce as well because they likely will both have dairy.  If not it is a great idea and very easy.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"