May 2011 Moms

~~everam~~

How are you still pumping 60 oz a day?  Geesh, lady!  

Seriously, I'm jealous.  JS is now getting 1/2 BM, 1/2 formula.  After I returned to work in August, had mastitis for a 2nd time and got my period, my supply tanked.  At most, I get to pump 4 times a day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~everam~~

• I went back August 1 but have a good pumping situation at work (my own office w/ a lock and a laid-back boss).

The boys eat up to 65oz a day though, so I've been burning through my freezer stash this past month and I'm almost out! I'll be supplementing probably within the month and I'll start dropping down in my pumping. I hope to keep it around 50/50 for the rest of the year. 

I pump 5x a day right now, going to try to drop it to 4 in the next few weeks. 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 60 oz, wow.

I'm getting around 50, which is about what mine eat in a day (they also get "real" food).  Dropping to 4x a day is nice, but I did lose a bit of supply doing that.

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just introduced sweet potatoes last weekend and I probably have enough of a freezer stash to supplement 5 or 6 oz a day for a few weeks.
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeveram01:

I went back August 1 but have a good pumping situation at work (my own office w/ a lock and a laid-back boss).

The boys eat up to 65oz a day though, so I've been burning through my freezer stash this past month and I'm almost out! I'll be supplementing probably within the month and I'll start dropping down in my pumping. I hope to keep it around 50/50 for the rest of the year. 

Being a teacher, I don't really have many options for pumping.  I know I could push the issue by law, but I haven't/won't.  My principal was helpful and gave me planning in the middle of the day.  And I pump right after school before I leave.  But once I'm home there is no time to pump until after the boys are in bed.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebhilyer:
    imageeveram01:

I went back August 1 but have a good pumping situation at work (my own office w/ a lock and a laid-back boss).

Being a teacher, I don't really have many options for pumping.  I know I could push the issue by law, but I haven't/won't.  My principal was helpful and gave me planning in the middle of the day.  And I pump right after school before I leave.  But once I'm home there is no time to pump until after the boys are in bed.  

Right after I get home is the WORST pump of the day for me unless my husband is home to help me with the boys. I got an awful clogged duct last month from stopping and starting so many times one night. Now I just add in a third pump session right before I leave for the day if I know my husband will be home late, but it does interfere with work a bit if I do that so I try to avoid it. 

I'm going to try to eventually pump 3x per day and give (hopefully) 50/50: when I get up, early afternoon, and before bed. 

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"