Trouble TTC

Woke up to....(not for the prudish...)

A sex toys infomercial???? I did not even know this existed. I swear I heard "pays attention to the entire vulva" in my sleep. Well, I shot up and looked at the TV, and sure enough, there were a whole bunch of dildoes, rings, and vibrators starting back at me.

OK, so now I am intrigued. There were some fun looking "items" for sale. I have never bought a sex toy. Honest to God.

If you have, and you're brave enough to say it, what's your favorite? I am now curious...maybe I need to have one of those "Toy Parties".

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: Woke up to....(not for the prudish...)

• I'm interested to see responses to this.  I'll be brave and answer. 

I have a rabbit that I bought when my husband was deployed. Doesnt see much action now, but that was fun.  Embarrassed

Besides that I'm more entry level.  I really like this *** ring (can I even say that on here?!!) that goes on my husband but has a vibrating portion for me.  Speaking of, I need to get this out again!

image image
  • Ha, I guess I can't say it on here!
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes cannot say on here but I can say that the Toy Parties are a great experience and a lot of fun but again not for the prudish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecarlaws:

Besides that I'm more entry level.  I really like this *** ring (can I even say that on here?!!) that goes on my husband but has a vibrating portion for me. 

me too. It's really quite wonderful haha

Also it's old school but I really do like handcuffs...

Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecarlaws:

I'm interested to see responses to this.  I'll be brave and answer. 

I have a rabbit that I bought when my husband was deployed. Doesnt see much action now, but that was fun.  Embarrassed

Besides that I'm more entry level.  I really like this *** ring (can I even say that on here?!!) that goes on my husband but has a vibrating portion for me.  Speaking of, I need to get this out again!

That sounds like the one that I was most interested in from the infomercial!

Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • I highly recommend a toy party.  They are a blast!  And very educational.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The only thing I have is the vibrating **** ring.  Embarrassed  I would recommend it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me too. Highly enjoyable!
    image image
  • I've only been to one party, as this isn't really my thing, but it ended up being a kind of a funny story because the saleswoman running it got violently sick to her stomach and we had to figure out how we were going to get her home, since she couldn't drive herself, and in the meantime she kept hawking all the stuff while she had her head between her legs. What was really funny was that it started out all raucous, but after she got sick we all sort of quietly passed the stuff around because we didn't want it to be too much for her.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Kellyrn, I think I'm in love with you. I wouldn't have thought to post this question up here and you're openness makes me giggle, which is hard to do so early in the morning.

I've always been pretty open about my sexuality and have to admit that I've owned a toy or two in my time. What military wife hasn't? Haha.

For a beginner, I would recommend something simple with not too many bells and whitles and most importantly, not too big! Indifferent

My favorite toy was a waterproof slim vibrator. Too bad that darn thing finally wore out during a deployment. Embarrassed

ETA: I forgot about the ring! Definitely get the ring. It's really fun and it's great that you can use it with DH rather than instead of DH. :::rummages through drawers looking for said ring::::  Tonight just got more interesting...

BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• Haha, what channel were you watching???  That is quite the wakeup.  The only thing we have tried was the vibrating ring thing also.  Which I didn't find all that great.  Or maybe we were using it wrong.  Who knows.  I just felt like it did little unless it was touching me the whole time which didn't happen. 

I have only been to a "shop" once.  It was a horrible experience.  I went with a friend to pick up something for a bach. party.  I was so nervous and clumsy.  We were looking at some sort of carboard pin the tail on the donkey (except not a donkey if you get my drift), and I backed into this display that was a pyramid of giant pink vibrators of some sort.  Maybe dolphins or rabbits or something some animal.  Anways the display was like ten feet tall, they all started falling crashing to the floor and literally I swear some started vibrating right there.  So there I was in this busy little shop trying to quickly pick up these vibrating pink rabbits.  With two store clerks rushing over to help.  Gaaaa  So because of this I refuse to ever set foot in one again.  Anyone have any good websites that are more for the timid and not too crazy? 

TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • DH and I have a drawer of sex toys, lol.  My favorite, hands down, is the Hitachi Magic Wand vibrator.  A favorite as far as insertables go (lol) is a slim g-spot vibrator. 

Vibrating c-rings don't do much for me at all, but DH likes them on occasion.  

I've actually bought all of my sex toys in person at a shop, but I have heard that Adam&Eve is a good site.  FWIW, I got my Hitachi on Amazon, LOL. 

Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I have a few different BOB's (battery operated boyfriends, ha!).  They are great for yourself and to use with your partner. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • LMAO.... I have no shame...I have a drawer full of toys.  My DH isn't really into it, god have I tried to push, but he is kinda prudish.  Definitely recommended Wink

The toy parties are funny too, a good laugh for you and your girlfriends!

Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 3/10:
    DX: Me-PCOS, retroverted/ tilted ute - DH- MFI, DH-4 mo of Clomid therapy= no improvement. Weekly HCG injections.
    Me-34, DH-33
    HSG- unsuccessful, SHSG (dialated)-no blockages
    7/11-Clomid (unmonitored) BFN,
    #1 Fresh IVF 9/11: w/ ICSI & AH (only option): (1 transfered, 8BF) = BFN!!
    #2 FET: 2 transferred (2 6BF) 12/11 = BFFN!!
    Surprise + HPT on break! 2/12 Beta 1: 6 Beta 2: <5 = c/p ( RE had given me provera... So pretty sure this ruined everything)<BR> #3 Fresh IVF 3/12: w/ ICSI & AH (2 transfered 8BF & 7BF, 1 to freeze) = BFMFN!
    New RE 5/12
    6/14 Hysteroscopy
    #4 Fresh IVF 8/12: 5dt of 2 5AB blasts = BFN!... what else is new?!?
    New RE insists its a transfer issue, immunology checked & good
    #5 IVF FET 1/13 under anesthesia : Two 5 day blasts transferred
    + HPT!! Beta1: 2315 Beta2: 6442 Beta3: 31,061
    First u/s 1/30/13: Shows 1 healthy heartbeat!!

Was he was right? I wasted 4 IVF's and the doctors were not getting the catheter in?!?
    ~~ Bump Bestie/ IRL Lynn0926 ~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a couple vibrators while I was in college - but they died soon after and I never replaced them.  Hadn't thought about it in a while - but I do kind of miss my BOB...ha!!

My first trip to the toy store was with a few girlfriends in college - made it much more fun and less weird to be able to laugh and giggle together about the stuff.

• I have a vibe. It was my master's graduation gift from DH Stick out tongue For a while, it didn't get much use, but with the libido slump, it's seen more action in the past few months. Just like guys do, sometimes a girl just needs a little self-love.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Toy parties can be a lot of fun.  Lots of lotions and potions and things that go buzz in the night.  Devil

I've owned a few BOBs in my day, but DH it a little intimidated by them, so most of them have gone away.  

TTC #1 since March 2011 dx: annovulation/unexplained Jan 2011: Hysterosonogram clear Nov 2011: HSG Clear, SA normal 3 failed rounds Clomid 2 failed rounds Femara BFP: 7-3-12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bababaha! I am just imagining you waking up to that!

Umm, I used to host those parties and they are a blasty blast! I also used to own a B.O.B. (battery operated boyfriend) but threw it out when I got married (DH doesn;t like them, he says why have one when I can do it for ya). The parties are a hoot and a half and I too have been thinking about going to one just to spice things up in the bedroom! With IF stealing some of  the romance in bed, some fun toys might spice things back up!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • What's funny to me is that my DH actually bought me my first vibrator. (I came from a very conservative background) I didn't know a lot about myself uh down there so he bought it for me to learn. It was actually very helpful!
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am not shy at all. We have lots of toys, lotions and potions. I had a good friend that did the parties and I pretty much supported her. We have a swing and a fancy chair. I have to say we are pretty wild in the bedroom. IF has not taken that away completely. I have seen the commercials and I have actually bought from it before. We have pretty much tried them all and I think my favorite is my jack rabbit. It's pretty intimidating but it gets the job done. Not huge but lots of buttons and stuff.

I don't like the *** rings too much. They just don't do it for me.

• OMG! I've never seen a sex toy infomercial.

I do own a few sex toys. They have been in the "toy box" for a while. My DH's, boss's, wife sell them so she of course gave us a few.

imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • imagekz's_girlygirl:

DH and I have a drawer of sex toys, lol.  My favorite, hands down, is the Hitachi Magic Wand vibrator.  A favorite as far as insertables go (lol) is a slim g-spot vibrator. 

Vibrating c-rings don't do much for me at all, but DH likes them on occasion.  

I've actually bought all of my sex toys in person at a shop, but I have heard that Adam&Eve is a good site.  FWIW, I got my Hitachi on Amazon, LOL. 

That was the site that the infomercial was about!

To whoever asked, I was watching the Spike channel.

Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • I just have a plain ol' vibrator Embarrassed I was always super shy when it came to sex...but now I am coming out of that shell a little!!! I got it at my bachelorette party almost 6 years ago and have just really started using it in the last 2 years!! You gotta have something to keep the spice when dealing with IF!
  • I'm late to post but DH and I like to use vibrating c-rings on occasion and most every time we have sex we use a pocket rocket, Its good because it is small so it stays out of DHs way but allows me to have double stimulation, definitely recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"