C-sections
Options

Preg again?!

Just wanting some input from some of you ladies...perhaps a few of you have been there.  I had my DS via c-section four months ago tomorrow.  A friend of mine went back to work from her maternity leave about a month ago and about two weeks in called me thinking that she may be pregnant again (her LO is a month older than mine.)  I told her that she's probably just exhausted from going back to work and she's probably eating more because she's more active now than she was on leave.  She took a pee-pee test and BFN.  WELL, I went back to work last Monday and now, I'll be a monkey's uncle...I'm tired, hungry all the time, constant headache, occasionally dizzy, etc.  I feel like I'm worrying about it just because she was and if she hadn't put the thought in my head...it wouldn't even have crossed my mind.  I've been on birth control (low-hormone kind because of BF'ing) and they say you have to take it at the same time every day for it to be the most effective.  Like any new mom, things are hectic...and I TRY to take it at the same time.  My periods haven't been normal since the c-section so how am I supposed to know if I'm late or what?  Anyone else been through something similar?  I don't want to waste money on a test and have it just come up neg.  I should probably quit worrying with it and take my own advice I gave to my friend.  Funny how it's much harder when you're in those shoes!  Any input?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Preg again?!

• Options
    I've also been dealing with pregnancy symptoms. (Tired, sore breasts, nausea, and irregular bleeding). I'm curious to see what others have to say about this. 
  • Options
    I feel like I'm just being paranoid...I mean, I've been preg before so I should "know," when I am again.  I guess I'm just freaked out.  I can't ask my mom because she'll just start doing back-flips thinking she's getting another grandbaby.  Good luck to you...keep me posted if you find anything out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you still bf-ing? That could explain being hungry all the time. tired from not getting enough sleep with an infant and dizzy/headaches from the lack of sleep. Go to the dollar store and buy a test. As you know, the internet can't tell you if you're pregnant. My symptoms aren't the same as yours
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imageMeggieLou2:
    I feel like I'm just being paranoid...I mean, I've been preg before so I should "know," when I am again.  I guess I'm just freaked out.  I can't ask my mom because she'll just start doing back-flips thinking she's getting another grandbaby.  Good luck to you...keep me posted if you find anything out!

I will. I'm thinking it's Mirena related. But I will keep you posted! Please do the same ! Good luck! 

• Options

Go to the dollar store and buy a $1 pregnancy test. It doesnt hurt to know for sure.

If you notice my tickers, I had the symptoms and I was pregnant 4.5 months PP. LOL. I've also had PG symptoms PP this time around and am not pregnant again, so you're not necessarily pregnant. Your hormones are probably stabilizing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got the 25 pack of tests on amazon for $5 just so I could pee on one when I was curious post-partum and still didn't have my period back, or if I was going to have some alcohol and wanted to be in the clear first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageFusionLMT:
    I got the 25 pack of tests on amazon for $5 just so I could pee on one when I was curious post-partum and still didn't have my period back, or if I was going to have some alcohol and wanted to be in the clear first.

Holy cow!  25 pack for $5...are you serious?!  I'm going to look into that RIGHT NOW.  Thank you guys for the input...ya'll are right.  Might as well go get one to know for sure.  No need in worrying without doing something to find out...thanks again!

• Options
    I seriously thought I had gotten pregnant again! I took a test, and it was negative, but I feel so so so pregnant right now. I was really freaking out. Perhaps it's the 4/5 month postpartum hormone changes....also making my hair fall out.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options
    If it will help ease your mind, just take a test from the dollar store so you don't have to waste 10 bucks on the expensive tests. I got a very surprising BFP today, and I have an 8 month old daughter. I am still nursing and was taking the mini pill Jolivette as well. So I'm in shock. She does eat some baby food now, so she doesn't nurse as much but still...just wasn't expecting it. My periods weren't too regular eithe. I was needing to go to the bathroom more than usual and have had quite an appetite! That's what tipped me off. Wait if you want, but I would be taking vitamins just in case. Just letting you know it CAN happen. : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I hadn't even gotten my period back and had pg symptoms... 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"