Health & Exercise
Options

Intro and yoga Q

Hi there,

I lurk from time to time to see what tips I can pick up from you ladies.  I am about 15 weeks along and finally having enough energy to get back to my regular workout routine.  Question for you yoga peeps: any modifications I need to be aware of?  I've heard no inversions, but wasn't sure if there was anything else.

Thanks!

Re: Intro and yoga Q

• Options

Have you thought about following a prenatal yoga class?? They will have the necessary modifications.

I did some prenatal yoga and there was just a lot less twisting. If by inversions you mean poses such as downward dog (sorry, I'm not a yoga guru), they are fine. I was told by my teacher to stop doing them when I reached 35-36 weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've looked into prenatal classes.  Unfortunately I can't seem to find a class that is offered at a convenient time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm... in that case, you could speak to the yoga instructor and ask if they are qualified in prenatal yoga. If not, find someone who is and ask what kind of modifications you should be making. That way you can follow the regular classes and modify to suit your needs.

I do believe that you just have to avoid deep twisting poses throughout your pregnancy and inverted poses in the last few weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Also, anything that you would normally do on your back you do propped up on a blanket or pillow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"