Baby Showers
Options

Early Feb. moms-when is your shower?

I've been asked to pick what date I think would be best and it seems they are leaning more towards 11/30.

Is the fact that it is right after Thanksgiving a bad idea?

Re: Early Feb. moms-when is your shower?

• Options

My sister is due Feb 3rd and we are having her shower Dec 6. I actually wanted to have it the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, but my sis didn't think it was a great time since a lot of people travel that weekend.

But I still think it's an ok date!  Everyone is busy gearing up for Thursday and then out shopping on Fri & Sat, but by Sunday...men are just sitting on the couch watching football and the ladies have nothing to do!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think it's a bad idea. I mean, it is close but I don't think it's too close. Then again some people do go out of town that weekend, but you know your family and friends and what they normally do.

My son is due Dec. 1st and my shower is Nov. 1st.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mine will be sometime at the beginning of december...Although I dont think its a bad idea to have it right after thanksgiving, the earlier the better, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mine will be Dec 27.  It is really close to Christmas but it is the only time my family will be in town.  My husbands all lives in this area so it worked out the best for all.

I am due 2/14 and know that I will be induced end of Jan or first of Feb due to high blood pressure.

• Options
    Mine is going to be the Sunday after Thanksgiving since that is the only time I will be back home before the baby is born. I'm not sure how many people are going to be able to make it due to holiday travel, but I'm excited to see the people that are able to make it.
  • Options

mine will be nov 22nd.  before the holiday madness and early enough to set everything up if i go early (we're expecting twins.)

i think the date you have picked is great!

• Options
    mine is Dec. 7th. i think yours is a good date
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am having mine on Nov. 9th before the holidays.
  • Options
    I'm due Feb 5th. my BFF is throwing me a co-ed shower on Nov 29th, my mom is having one on Dec 6th, and I think my MIL is having one on the 7th or the 20th... not sure yet.
  • Options
    I'm due 2/15 and my shower is on 12/7
  • Options

I am due the first week of Feb (1st, 6th or 7th LOL) and am having my shower in my home town Dec 6th. then having one where I live now after the baby is born.

I wanted to not have one in Nov bc there are already 4 b days a baby being born and thanksgiving or me. I have to wait until Dec. but then I dont want it too close to Christmas and shopping rush either.

• Options
    I am due on Feb. 22nd and my mothers are talking about having my shower on Jan.24th!  Are they nuts!!  I know I do not want my shower around the holidays, but I am afraid it is going to be too late.  I am in a panic. 
  • Options
    i am due on january 29th, and i am having my shower on 11/30 i think it is fine that close to thanksgiving, otherwise it will be to close to christmas
  • Options
    i am throwing an early feb. mom's shower on the saturday after thanksgiving (while her fam is in town)
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine is November 29- so the Saturday after thankgiving.  All our family is in town so that's the good thing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"