LGBT Parenting
Options

Sylvia is home

Sylvia (my wife, a.k.a. N2A, for the newbies :)) is home and doing better. Thanks again, everyone, for all your T&Ps. This has definitely been a difficult and scary time, and it's been nice to have the board to check in on every now and then.

S did have a stroke. Her recovery is going well, all things considered, but she's still having a lot of trouble talking. It breaks my heart to see her struggling to speak, especially when I don't know what she's trying to say and can't fill in the gaps for her. (My sweet and very stubborn wife thinks she is going back to work this week, but that is probably not going to happen. When she can walk a straight line to the kitchen and say 3 sentences back-to-back, maybe we'll talk.)

As silly as it may sound, one of the hardest parts for me is that S has for her whole life believed that she would not outlive her father, who died when he was 47. I usually don't put any stock in stuff like that, but I did breathe a sigh of relief when she turned 48. Then to have this all happen 2 days after her 48th birthday... the fear came rushing back in.

Anyway, the type of stroke she had is typically considered a warning sign of a possible future stroke-- 1 in 3 people have a major stroke within a year following this type of stroke-- so there are major lifestyle changes underway in our household. She'll be eating a low-sodium, no-caffeine diet, among other things. (Bye bye, Red Bull!) We still have a lot to learn.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: Sylvia is home

• Options
    I'm glad to hear she is home.  I'm certain having the kiddos running around at her feet and crawling on her lap will help heal her heart.  You both know I'm here for you in any way I can be.  xoxo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Great to hear. Been thinking about your family.

S will be among the 2/3 of folks who don't have a recurrence. Hang in there, make the lifestyle changes you need, and we'll all be sending T&P for all to be well, always.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OH MY GOODNESS.... my heart pounds reading this ... So glad she is home - I know Melanie and I are far away but is there anything we can do - I feel helpless and consider pretty much everyone on this board to be close friends because we share so much !!!!

Ugg.. please know we are sending our LOVE and HEALING energy and everything your way !!!

J & M

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Glad she's home. Tell her to take it easy. There's no award for hurrying back to things.  Rest is a key portion of recovery.
  • Options
    I am so gald she is home but so sorry you are all going through this.  I am sending lots of prayers your way and wishes for a speedy recovery. ((HUGS))
  • Options
    Glad that the whole family is together! Still many T&P are with you folks. Hang in there and remember to love each other. (here's a perfect time to learn ASL) ;)
    Mom to a wonderful kiddo. Wishing/Hoping for a second LO.
  • Options

I'm so glad to hear that S is home and recovering well. I like to think that out of every bad situation comes the opportunity for something really good. I can tell you have a very loving and strong family, and I hope that whatever lifestyle changes you make bring you all good health and a sense of peace. I'll continue to keep you in my T&P.

• Options
    I am so glad she is home and on her way to recovery. Once I get back, I will check in with you to see if I can help with the kids. Take care of each other. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, how scary! Thinking of you all and hoping for a speedy recovery for S!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My mother had a stroke last year and I was her primary caregiver.  If there is anything you want to talk about please feel free to send me a message I am not an expert but I lived and breathed stroke for a while.  Hang in there...Stroke recovery is slow but it still amazes me every day what my mother has gotten back in comparison to where she was.  She will be back to normal before you know it.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options
    Wow. I am glad she is back home among those who can give her lots of hugs and kisses.  And home cooked food (even when it's a change!) is so much better than hospital food!  Let us all know if there is anything we can do.
  • Options
    I am so glad she is home. I hope the road to recovery is fast and smooth. I will be thinking about you all!!!
  • Options

I'm so glad to hear S is home. Sending healing vibes to S and lots of hugs to your family. I hope her recovery is quick, you know that stubbornness just might come in handy for that!Wink And like many others, I wish there were something I could do and that I weren't so far away. Take care...

• Options
    Thank goodness! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about you all so much! I hope S's recovery goes smoothly and she starts feeling more like her old self soon. I can't imagine how stressful all of this is for you and your family. Hang in there and know you have all of us sending strength your way!
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Options
    I am so glad to see this update.  Thank goodness Sylvia is home with you and the kiddos.  I hope she keeps improving every day.  Let us know what we can do to support you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"