Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Cloudy Bottle Nipples-YUCKY!!

I just started giving my l/o bottles(Avent) on Friday and I noticed today the nipples look cloudy like a residue is on them. I clean them by hand with hot soapy water and dish detergent with a bottle brush/nipple brush. Any idea what Im doing wrong or how I can get them looking clear again I haven't even used them for a week yet!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cloudy Bottle Nipples-YUCKY!!

• Have you tried boiling them? If not, put them in a pot and boil them for about 5 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was going to ask this, too.  Same thiing is happening to my avent nipples.  I found that cleaning and letting dry and then cleaning AGAIN helps...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Loading the player...
  • We have Avent nipples that are doing the same thing.  After I washed them in soapy water AND boiled them, they were still cloudy.  I've found that a very small drop of soap right on the bottle brush, rinsing REALLY well, and shaking them dry helped.  When I just let them dry on their own, they clouded up.  I don't think it's hard water for us, we have city water, but it could certainly be a possibility.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My older child was FF and all of his nipples did that. Hand washed or machine washed, it didn't matter. I think its NBD, since he's made it to three years old now. ;)
  • I've noticed this too. I've hand washed them and put them through the dish washer and no matter what they're cloudy. Doesn't seem to affect LO though so I'm not too worried about it. 

• What dish soap are you using?  The only stuff I've found to keep the nipples sparkly, is blue dawn.

Also, we use our fingers to wash them.  The bottle brush wasn't really cleaning them.   

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"