Health & Exercise
Options

MELATONIN?!?!?????!??

Well for the last, oh... my entire pregnancy, I have been taking 1 capsule of melatonin every night to help with sleep. I told my doctor I was taking it, and no one said not to take it. AND now I see that it says "DO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT" I almost cried last night thinking I could seriously have hurt my baby!! Anyone have their doctor tell them its bad or very strongly urge them not to use it???
ITS A GIRL!
Isolde Genevi

Re: MELATONIN?!?!?????!??

• Options
    I have NO idea about melatonin, but just wanted to mention that my husband owns a supplement company, and it is ridiculously expensive and ups your liability as a company to be "okayed" as a supplement approved for use in pregnant women. So a lot of supplements just say that on the bottle because it is not worth the financial commitment to the company to get that approval and carry that liability, not because of anything truly "wrong" with using it during pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thats really great to know! ONLY because nowhere on the internet did it say specifically that melatonin would do something specific (ie caffiene causes potential miscarriages due to preemclampsia in the mother) so i was slightly confused why a natural supplement was so bad. The only thing I read was that in large doses it could be bad but it was never studied. Thanks for your info!
    ITS A GIRL!
    Isolde Genevi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"