TTC After a Loss
Options

Ovulation-like pain 6 days after hcg shot

I had my first hcg trigger shot last Sunday during and unmedicated cycle. I had ovulation pains for a few days after and they had stopped for a few days, but today I'm having them again intermittently on the side where I had the good follicle along with mild menstrual-like cramps.  Has anyone experienced this so many days after the shot?  I'm starting to get paranoid about another ectopic but I think it would be too early to have symptoms of that.
TTC since 5/09 1st BFP ever 4/11 Surgery for ectopic 5/7/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Ovulation-like pain 6 days after hcg shot

• Options
    When did you ovulate?? When I was pg w/ my DS I had CL pain up until 10 weeks or so.
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure.  I actually got a positive OPK the day before the shot but since I have PCOS I've been told those might not be completely accurate.  They instructed me to BD starting the day before the shot for 4 days.  I've never heard of CL pain.
    TTC since 5/09 1st BFP ever 4/11 Surgery for ectopic 5/7/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure...is it  a dull ache or does it hurt? I would check with your doc if it doesn't subside soon. GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options

imagesomedaysoon2003:
    I'm not exactly sure.  I actually got a positive OPK the day before the shot but since I have PCOS I've been told those might not be completely accurate.  They instructed me to BD starting the day before the shot for 4 days.  I've never heard of CL pain.

I did not have a trigger shot last cycle, but I was on 50mg of clomid and I had a similar experience.  I had intense O pains, cramps and bloat until I O'd, then nothing until about 7dpo.  Then I was feeling the pain again.  I assumed it was pain from the corpus luteum, as the PP suggested.  

Since the corpus luteum is essentially a 'cyst' (from the remains of your ruptured follicle) that produces progesterone after O, I figured it was possible mine had gotten larger than usual, since I was on clomid.  

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    Since most women O about 36 hours after a trigger shot, you're likely too early for any ectopic symptoms.  It could be just the corpus luteum as PP suggested.  It could also just be one of those lovely s/e from the trigger...gas or a bit of constipation.  If it is unbearable pain, of course, call your doctor. 
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your help.  I felt a lot better after I read your replies.  It was a dull ache and I'm actually not feeling it this morning so far so I think it was probably CL pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"