VBAC

Measuring ahead=changing EDD

I had a dating u/s at 9 weeks that gave me an edd of 3-14-12. At my 18 week u/s they found my son has bilateral clubfeet so we had to go for a level 2 u/s at the hospital. The tech at that u/s said I was measuring almost two weeks ahead and gave me a new due date which i forget at the moment. I'm concerned that my ob is going to change my due date making my chances of going into labor very low. He won't induce so if I don't go into labor by 41 weeks he will do a rcs. I have read that an early dating u/s is the most accurate and am hoping to use that information to convince him to keep it, but he wants do a rcs and i feel my chances of a vbac getting slimmer and slimmer this pregnancy....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: Measuring ahead=changing EDD

• I also had an early ultrasound which moved my EDD from 1/5/12 to 1/15/12 and at my 20 week baby was measuring a week and a half ahead. Like you've researched my OB said she would not change my EDD because early measurements are much more precise than the later ultra sound measurements. However she did say if she felt baby was getting to big late in the 3rd trimester they'd do an ultra sound for measurements (something I don't want because they're not precise either) but I wouldn't worry about it until your doctor mentions possibly changing your EDD, if they do I would bring up your research and ask them if it's possible to keep your due date as it is! I'd agree with you in not wanting it changed just incase they're completely off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!  I am hoping for the best :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Loading the player...
  • I agree that the early ultrasound is much more accurate.  In both of my pregnancies the babies were measuring ahead at the 20 week scan but they did not change my due date either time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"