Houston Babies
Options

Recs for training toilets

We want to buy one for DD and get her used to it. Her next class has a toilet and she's already telling us when she goes pee pee or poop. I realize this may be an odd question but are there certain brands that are better for girls? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recs for training toilets

• Options

I obviously don't have a girl, but we used the Fisher Price frog potty. There's an aiming element with boys, which is why I found it easier to use a potty for G until he was tall enough to learn how to stand. That day didn't come fast enough because I HATED cleaning out the potty. So disgusting, I'd rather change diapers.

I would recommend using a ring, just for the sheer fact that you don't have to clean it out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We have potty seats built in to the toilet seat, and I love them. Like this, but we got it at home depot

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16897795

DD still uses it, even though she can totally use a regular toilet seat, she likes having one just her size. DS needs a step stool to get up there, but it's nice and stable. The first ring we had had handles which DD also loved. The potty chair we use came from ikea though I don't know if they still sell them - they are basic one piece potty chairs and both kids used them just fine.

I thought it was odd that they all have a little bump up in front, and thought that was just for boys. I quickly learned that it is not just for boys. Because when you bend over slightly to see your pee (and of course a curious toddler IS going to want to see sometimes), then pee basically goes everywhere if there is no bump. This is the only downside of the toilet seat/potty seat combo - no bump to prevent wild pee.

- Jena
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Bjorn one.  Not that I would know whether it's effective or not, since DS has no interest in PTing!  He does like sitting on his own smaller potty than a toilet ring, though.  He kind of freaks out on a big potty - like it's going to swallow him or something.  It has the front lip that pp was talking about - so that is a nice feature (again - not that I know, since I haven't actually seen it in action, but hypothetically speaking. Wink)
  • Options

Like Kimmer we had to use the Fisher Price Frog Potty.  Seemed to be the only one high enough in the front for boys.   DS has no interest in standing to pee so we now have this:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00336O7NE

I think for girls the potty seats are probably all about the same since you don't have the issue of needing height in the front.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"