Parenting after 35

FFFC

I have been avoiding calling my mother for a week.  She left my house in a snit last weekend.  I said something not nice and I do owe her an apology, but I just don't feel like calling her.  Boy, that sounds awful since I wrote it down.  In my defense it was one curt sentence after three hours of needling.  I am so sick of her drama, her snits, her attention seeking behavior.  She never apologizes and I swear I bite my tongue most of the time and let most of it slide off me.  However, last Saturday I reacted badly and I know that I have to apologize. I just wish that she realized she has something to be sorry about too.  Blech....

On a positive note I have just come back from three weeks of non-stop business travel and I don't have another trip scheduled until after Thanksgiving.  Yay!

Re: FFFC

• mwdmwd member

Yea for no travel for a while!  As for your mom, call her and apologize, and blame the travel.  Your mom is not going to change.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom and I didn't speak for 2 weeks recently.  Like your mom, she was mad at me for something I said, and was waiting for an apology.  I finally took the high road and called her and apologized (even though I think she was over-reacting to what I said).  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Lordy - I really hope my daughters don't think this way about me when I am older.  I am going to call her tomorrow.......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"