Pregnant after a Loss

Gift idea for neighbor with new baby

The couple that lives upstairs from us (we're in a 3 flat) just recently had a baby girl and returned home.  I was originally going to cook a meal or bake something because I don't want a big gift that they'll feel they'll have to return when we have ours but wanted to do a little something nice.  However, now I'm on bedrest and DH has plenty of responsibilities so I don't want to add more for him.  We have a CVS next door so would it be a nice gift to have DH buy a box of chocolates or something next time he's there or do you have any better but still easy ideas?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz

Re: Gift idea for neighbor with new baby

• Maybe a pack of diapers assuming she's not CDing?
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • What about a gift card to CVS for diapers?  Or a package of diapers?  Or a gift card to a local take out restaurant?  Or a bag of coffee from a good coffee shop...or a bottle of wine?  And obviously, a card.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Loading the player...
  • imagelauralew:
    What about a gift card to CVS for diapers?  Or a package of diapers?  Or a gift card to a local take out restaurant?  Or a bag of coffee from a good coffee shop...or a bottle of wine?  And obviously, a card.

Thanks, we can get any of this there.  I wasn't coming up with anything good because I was stuck on the food idea.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • Anything a new mom can grab and eat without having to prepare it would definitely be welcome.  I lived for weeks after DS on granola bars, fiberone bars, apple sauce, cheese sticks, pb crackers, etc... The box of chocolates you mentioned would be great, too.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I second the diapers/wipes suggestion.  She'll be using them quicker than she ever imagined...

Also, Amazon can bring anything to your door.  Would be great if you need to shop while on bedrest.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• How about a giftcard to someplace that either has takeout of delivers? I always get my new mom friends an Applesbee's giftcard so they can get carside to go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJunebug060609:

I second the diapers/wipes suggestion.  She'll be using them quicker than she ever imagined...

Also, Amazon can bring anything to your door.  Would be great if you need to shop while on bedrest.

yes, order a box of diapers from amazon and call it a day. Or have your DH pick up a frozen lasagna or take out for them. 

• Get one of those fruit flowers bouquet. They will deliver them. And just order the baby a cute outfit online or something. Even a babies r us gift card would be nice.
  • Mini muffins! My friend brought me those when I had DS and they were great. You can just pop them in your mouth. Quick easy snack.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"