Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Bike Question

I'm looking to buy DS a bike for Christmas.  He has a trike, but does not pedal it very often.  He can, he just doesn't.  So I was wondering what people thought about a balance bike vs a regular bike with training wheels.  Any info/thoughts is appreciated.
My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kim's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Bike Question

• Options
    I love the balance bike for DD.  I don't think she'll ever need training wheels and will probably be ready for a 2 wheeler with pedals next summer.  However, pedaling is an important developmental skill.  I'm not a fan of training wheels though.  I'd get a balance bike, but don't retire the tricycle yet.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have 2 regular training wheel bikes and just bought a balance bike.

I wish I'd done the balance bike from the get go.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love the balance bike. It is one of DS's most used toys. And it's just a fairly cheap one from target.com!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"