3rd Trimester

When did your first belly stretch marks appear?

I know stretch mark questions are way over asked, so sorry to be annoying. Mainly just interested in when the belly ones start popping up. I don't have any yet, but I have mentally prepared myself for that moment in the near future. For those Mommies who wear their strippes proud, what week did you really start to notice them on your belly area?

Bebe Mama imageMyspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics, Birthstones Graphics at WishAFriend.com baby

Re: When did your first belly stretch marks appear?

• When he dropped. Seriously, I made it to 34 weeks and then he started dropping. The next day, stretch marks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was about 32 weeks or so when I first got mine, but I don't mind since I know that means I'll be meeting my LO soon!!

• Loading the player...
  • I lucked out and still don't have any, but i've heard some women not getting them until they are actually delivering the baby! So it can happen all the way up until the end!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a day past my due date and still don't have any. 
  • Mine started two weeks ago. I started using Palmer's Tummy Butter and it has made them fade. So they look better now.
    Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • Well, not everyone gets them. With DD I did right around 24 weeks when I started to gain weight. With this one, so weird, I haven't gotten them at all, which I heard you usually do if you got them the first time, but nope, not me. I do have a few purplish red dots on my belly, which seemed to me were going to form into stretch marks, but never did.

Also, to note: my stretch marks faded pretty much to non-existent post-baby. It wouldn't have bothered me if they hadn't, but they did, so that was a nice surprise!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got my first ones on my belly ring scar around 18 weeks. The rest suddenly popped up last week around 31 weeks. I could tell they were coming because my belly suddenly became very itchy.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • I only noticed them around 36-37 weeks. They're on the bottom half of my belly so I still can't see them unless I'm looking in the mirror. I thought I was gonna make it the whole way without them but oh well!!

Oh, I also have a funky little star pattern of stretch marks coming out from my belly button ring scar. 

• About 32 weeks.  It seemed like they started popping up overnight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First one popped up about a week ago and I have noticed a couple more starting since.  

I thought I might luck out and not get any, but nope.  37 weeks was apparently the magical time! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I dont remember.. sometime at the beginning of 3rd tri. I was content with them.. small price to pay for a baby. But I just got a batch of new ones maybe 2 weeks ago and it's still going. The itching is KILLING me. That is honestly my worst pregnancy symptom for this week. I've used tons of oils and creams. Nothing really helps me. 
  • imageGoldenPeaches:
    I got my first ones on my belly ring scar around 18 weeks. The rest suddenly popped up last week around 31 weeks. I could tell they were coming because my belly suddenly became very itchy.

Ugh - I got these too! My belly ring scar is really old, I don't think I have had anything in it in five years and was totally healed over and nearly invisible before getting pregnant. Now I have this hideous ring of red stretch marks spreading out from it. 

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Uhhhh mine didn't show up until a week before my due date, seriously thought I made it in the clear.
  • imagekristalovesjared:
    I lucked out and still don't have any, but i've heard some women not getting them until they are actually delivering the baby! So it can happen all the way up until the end!

I really hope this doesn't happen to me! I'm 37wks and still no a sign or anything of a stretchmark.
  • Last time it wasn't until the last couple of weeks. This time I'm clear of new ones so far, but am not counting on staying that way forever Stick out tongue
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 37 weeks and still don't have any. Some people don't get them. After every shower I rub baby oil all over so that's probably helping

• I never got any the first time. But I did get some on my hip/flank area and thighs around 25 weeks....My SIL however got hers about a week AFTER she had her baby. I too noticed them on my thighs after I started to get rid of extra weight.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 37 weeks both pregnancies.  I have had 2 pop up this week.  I wasn't worried with my first there were only a couple...then I give birth and there were a ton after!

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • None yet, thankfully, but I've still got time!

~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • I got none frome DS #1 so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed I will escape without them! I'm getting close and haven't seen any yet. . knock on wood!
  • I still only have on on the right side of my belly. I didnt have any with my first child until AFTER i had her. The 'service stripes' didnt show up until after the service was completed.
  • So far, so good. My sister started seeing hers around 38 weeks, though, so I'm kind of expecting them in the next few weeks. We shall see!

• I didn't get any last time and haven't gotten any yet....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • It was around week 36ish and it happened practically over night. I also think that was around when LO dropped they are just on the bottom of my belly so I can't see them unless I look in a mirror.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • I was smug last time and thought I had escaped unscathed until several months post partum when I noticed some faint ones right above/at the top of my pubic hairline.  No biggie -- can hardly see them, and certainly can't in underwear or a bikini -- but I was surprised nonetheless that the little boogers snuck up on me like that. 
  • The day after I gave birth...one by my belly button and the other on my bikini line...so beware...lol!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am extremely unlucky in this department. I started seeing them around 10 weeks. :( Now I look like I've been clawed by a huge cat all over my stomach.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Around 36 weeks. 
  • First one showed up about 20 weeks were my belly button ring used to be. I call it my Harry Potter Stretchmark because it looks like a lightening bolt like the one on his head. The rest showed up at 37 weeks and they are on the lower half of my belly. I have been using baby oil and bio-oil twice a day since I got pregnant. I know they cannot be prevented but I still wanted to keep my skin moisturized and I wanted to start treating than as they appeared instead of waiting until after pregnancy to treat them. I heard you can get them after birth too if your belly shrinks too quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • imagelewis514:
    I didn't get any last time and haven't gotten any yet....

Same here!

• I did not get any with my 1st.   I still haven't gotten any with this LO but am not holding out hope to be lucky 2 times in a row!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • I got stretch marks on my breasts at 16 weeks, those have pretty much faded.  The ones on my hips popped up about 32 weeks.  My belly buttton ring scar and appendectomy scar got all red and angry over the past few weeks.  No stretch marks on the belly though *knock on wood*
  • I had none until somewhere around 32/33 weeks when I suddenly went from zero to OMG PREGNANT! I've been using Jergen's ultra moisture lotion, and while they don't look the greatest, they are staying soft and mostly smooth to the touch, so they shouldn't scar too terribly. I figure it's a small price to pay to know LO is actually growing and getting ready to join us on the outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"