May 2011 Moms
Options

Holy Moly I'm bawling

This is so sad. That baby is going to grow up knowing her mommy made the ultimate sacrifice for her. That woman had so much love for a baby girl she would never know. Ugh, bawling. Just sobbing. I'm a mess.

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44973215/ns/today-today_health/t/cancer-stricken-mom-chooses-babys-life-over-hers?gt1=43001

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Holy Moly I'm bawling

• Options
    I don't know if I want to read it. I can't handle those emotional reads very well. There was an article circulating on FB about a mom with a terminally ill son, I cried and cried!
  • Options

That is an incredible, selfless sacrifice.

Now I'm going to ruin this moment and say, um, "I hope she grows up beautiful so we can put her in pageants"??? THAT was her wish for her daughter's future?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekelly321:

That is an incredible, selfless sacrifice.

Now I'm going to ruin this moment and say, um, "I hope she grows up beautiful so we can put her in pageants"??? THAT was her wish for her daughter's future?

Yeah I'm choosing to overlook that small tidbit. Confused

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I saw that on the today show today and started crying as I was holding DS2.  DH walked in and I think was thinking "oh no......not again....."--- it was funny.  BUT that story was horribly sad.  I hope her brother who is raising the child shows her how special her mom is/was.  I LOVED the part though about the nurses making it their mission that the mom got to hold her baby, even though they knew they were both at risk.
  • Options
    I couldn't finish it because I could feel the tears coming.  What an amazing mother!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppBabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"