Military Families
Options

working from home

Hi ladies! I recently PCS'd and have been having a really hard time finding a job. We could really use the money, so I'm trying to find out if there are any ways to work from home that you've tried or know of. Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
1 year break thanks to deployment.
1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

Re: working from home

• Options
    I wish I knew of one too!  If I find anything I'll let you know!
  • Options
    The only ones I know of are like Mary Kay, Party Lite, Scentcy (sp?), Avon, Pampered Chief, things like that. I know you have to pay a start up fee usually. And after that you just get paid from what you sell. Im not sure if that is what you are looking for but I hope it helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a freelance writer. I don't work a ton (I probably could if I wanted to, but right now I'm not really looking for work, just spending time with DS) but I've written a few magazine articles and some reports for the local newspaper here. I've also been doing some editing. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

For one year, I have been an eBay seller from home and have an online store. It takes 3-4 months to learn everything and be comfortable, but I studied the message boards to learn everything. It was a lifesaver as I had hypermesis for six months and couldn't leave the house. I ended up selling off inventory, using online shipping and U.S.P.S. carrier pick-up. Even ordered packing supplies on the Internet.

The one thing I would say though, is you must save 25% of all profit. Through Paypal, the IRS will send you a tax form and it's considered self-employment. Even if you don't make much, you can still be in that bracket.

You can practice by using the 50 free auctions a month and selling low dollar items you already own and then branch out. Also, charge for shipping! If not, you can end up LOSING a ton of money.

• Options

It takes awhile to get into it, but I sell used men's clothing. The message boards helped me.

First month I worked like crazy and sold 31 items. Last month I sold 157 items. in sales but profit is a lot less after all the fees, taxes and shipping/printing/packaging materials.

One of my friends sells books on Amazon and does pretty well. He is a little overwhelmed with it though. 31 was a lot of sales for me. He sells 50 books a day. Yikes. And he has a 50 hour week job, so it's part-time for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"