Pre-School and Daycare

I'm chaperoning DS's first class field trip. Any tips?

It's pumpkin picking, hayride, etc.  The school doesn't typically do field trips until Pre-Kindergarten (K4) but this is their second year of trying something new by taking the K3 class.  Any tips?  TIA :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: I'm chaperoning DS's first class field trip. Any tips?

• No tips- leaving on the same sort of trip in about 15 minutes!  I think I'll only have DD and 1 other little girl, but DD's teacher is the world's worst communicator so who knows.  Hope your forecast isn't as rainy as mine.... that's what I get for living in Seattle, huh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Be ready for your child to clinge to you like never before and also get jealous when you need to help the other kids.  Some kids are not like this but I have learned that many kids are - at least the 1st few times/trips.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • No tips really just have fun...I went on a class trip with DS1's Pre-school class 2 weeks ago to go pumpkin picking and for a hayride, but all parents or guardians had to go if the kids wanted to go. I was responsible for DS1 and his best friend since my friend couldn't take her son...it was alot of fun. The kids had a blast, they did get a little antsy waiting for the hayride though but I just tried to keep them entertained. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejlw2505:
    Be ready for your child to clinge to you like never before and also get jealous when you need to help the other kids.  Some kids are not like this but I have learned that many kids are - at least the 1st few times/trips.

My DD has a field trip with her preschool on Nov 4th and this is what I am worried about.  I can't decide if I should go or not. I wonder if she would behave better and get more out of it if I just didn't go.  I would like to go since it is her first field trip though.  They are going to a dairy farm to see where milk comes from!

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I would go. I had another 4 year old with me on the field trip the other day  (a boy and I have 2 girls) I couldnt get him to go to the bathroom in an outhouse, and didnt want to over help him since he wasnt mine and I never met his mom.  Most kids except for 2 had a parents and both kids whose parents werent there wouldnt go to the bathroom, didnt eat well, etc.  I realized I would never send a preschooler without a parent! The kids seemed so nervous that they didnt have a great time compared to the other kids
    Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours went well yesterday.  DD wasn't too clingy, but is on the younger end of the spectrum (multi-age 3-5yo classroom), so some things scared her at first.  They had a pumpkin cannon which was really loud, and when they fired up the tractor for the hay ride for the first time she was terrified.  It was enlightening for me because she's fearless at home.  She's picked up on the attention-getting "I'm scared" behavior from some other kids.  It was really neat seeing her interact in a school setting, though.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"