Single Parents
Options

Couponing

I'm a senior in high school and graduating in 2012 and moving out and going to college so i was thinking about using coupons for like diapers and formula and baby stuff. Does anyone know how to easily get coupons or have any advice for using coupons?

Re: Couponing

• Options

A lot of times you can get store brand diapers and formula for cheaper than the "name brand" and you don't need a coupon. When DS was an infant I used Target brand formula (Up & Up Brand) and it was $10/canister cheaper than Similac and the ingredients were identical.

Same goes for their diapers, I've had no issues with the Target brand diapers and they're $10/box cheaper for the value pack.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I know you didn't ask, but another way to save money is to accept any and all gifts and hand-me-downs. Don't be too proud to take used items -- and shop second-hand and consignment stores in your area. Is there a Once Upon a Child store anywhere close to you? That's where I get 90% of DS's clothes for a fraction of the price. A lot of the clothes still have the tags on them! They also have a huge selection of baby "gear" items.

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another good thing to do too is use reward cards. I put everything on my discover card & pay if off in full each month so no money lost on interest. I think they change their promotions somewhat quarterly but they do 5% back on a lot of gas or food store purchases, and online shopping links for cash back. I then use all the cash back rewards to get gift cards to stores i frequently shop at- usually its 20 cash back dollars redeemed for a 25 dollar gift card. I can then take that 25 dollar gift card for bed bath beyond over to buy buy baby with a 20% off coupon and buy a box of diapers essentially for free. 
  • Options
    Another great option is Amazon.com. You can get cases of dipes for mega cheap!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    signing up on all the websites and such will def get you some and the 2.00 you spend on the sunday paper will def save you that much because there is almost always is baby related wether diapers, wipes, soaps etc...also looking on target and watch when they are on sale helps!! It is awesome that you are still going to college, it will be difficult but try to keep the long term goal in mind!  I was there i graduated 5 months pregnant so if you need any advice or an ear to listen, private message me:) Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"