Infertility
Options

Those who got a BFP and were shocked...

...can you tell me what you made not, at first, believe the BFP?

Was is it lack of symptoms? The fact that you have been ttc for so long? Or did you think it was too early for the test to possibly detect any horomone?

I'm just asking because for the first time, I have no 'phantom' symptoms. It's very possible I could've just ovualted late, resutling in a late AF but I can't help but actually get excited about my lack of symptoms. Strange, huh?

AF is supposed to arrive this Saturday so that's the morning when I'm testing. Will I be shocked if it's a BFP? Yes, simply because nothing about my body is pointing to pregnant. Then again, part of me is thinking maybe it will be one? Resulting then in there being a BFN, simply because I'm currently jinxing myself.

LOL. Oh my, I just confused myself...

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Those who got a BFP and were shocked...

• Options

Both of my pg's have been shocks.  The first one with my DS was the cycle that I had my Laparoscopy done on.  The only symptom that I had early on was extreme exhuastion.  Sore breasts and heartburn started around week 7.

With this pg, DH and I were taking a break from TTC b/c we were waiting for our RE consult appointment at the beginning of the month.  I ended up POAS 2 day before the consult and got a  surprise BFP(our TTC timing seemed totally off to me this month compared to the last 1.5 years!.  I didn't have any symptoms up until this week(week 6).  Now M/S has kicked with a vengence.

• Options

I was in complete shock, I tested at 10 dpiui, I am a pee on a stick a holic and couldn't help myself. 

I swore I saw a line and my husband thought I was nuts, so I just dropped it.

I was in shock b/c I had no symptoms, still don't and I'm 5 weeks.  I had been trying for 3 years and it was so early to test.  So don't lose hope b/c you don't have symptoms.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was in complete shock because we were only given a 5 percent chance of pregnancy and they realllllllllly prepared us for probably having to do more than one IVF.....I was also?simultaneously(sp?) planning a three week vaca to Italy because I really didnt think our luck was THAT good....by the time I poas I just thought it was left over trigger shot and refused to let my brain wander and nurse at re office completely convinced me it was just trigger.....girLs here were sayin screw herrrrrr!!!!!!hahahahh?

I wish you the greaTTTTTest luck on SAturday!!!!! ?

GOOOOO TWO LINES!!!!!!!!!!

b?

• Options

I was shocked because I was on my first cycle of Femara and so the RE wanted a progesterone test 7 days after my IUI.  After my test, the nurse called me and told me that they weren't happy with my results and maybe Femara wasn't the drug for me.  It was very unlikely that I could carry out a pregnancy with progesterone levels that low.

Well, I got that news on a Tuesday and I got a BFP that Saturday.  I took 4 tests because I kept thinking... this can't be right... this wasn't supposed to happen this month!

I was super nervous because of the progesterone levels until I went to the RE and they confirmed with a blood test and my progesterone levels went up to where they should be.

• Options

I didn't believe it, at first, for two reasons.  The previous 21 cycles had been negative, why would this be any different? (The pessimist in me coming out.)  And I had no symptoms that I could without a doubt say were pg related.  I had few and they could have been chalked up to a) pregnancy, b) PMS or c) the progestrone we were injecting nightly.

Turns out IVF#1 worked and, at least for now, I'm pregnant.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!  My thoughts are with you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for your input, ladies. I'm still not finding myself optimistic about this cyle but it's nice to know lack of symptoms doesn't always equal lack of pregnancy. I guess we shall see in the morning but I'm really not holding my breath. Sorry for being such a downer!

May you all enjoy a H&H 9 months!

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options

I just got my BFP and I was shocked. Part of it was b/c I had been TTC for 2 years and never saw those 2 lines. I thought if we were unexplained and 6 IUI's didn't work than what would make this IVF work? I was sure I had implantation issues and that nothing would work. I took an HPT Sunday night b/c my beta was on Monday and I knew that I would hear the news at work and I wanted to be prepared. Within seconds, a 2nd line popped up and I just freaked out!

As far as symptoms go, I had been reading into symptoms during the 2ww for a long time and I knew that it always turned out to be a BFN. I had been a little nauseaus over the weekend and tired, but that was it & on progesterone and estrogen, I knew that the meds could have been causing those symtpoms.

Most people who get BFP's really don't get symtpoms during the 2ww. It's still very early. I still only have the fatigue and the fact that I'm always hungry as my symptoms and I already had my 2nd beta and it tripled since Monday.

Hang in there. Don't get yourself too worked up over the symtpoms & lack of symtpoms. I know it's easier said than done, but I have been there, done that!

Good luck to you - I hope you get your BFP very soon!

• Options

I was surprised because my lining was thin due to clomid and my acu was really pessimistic as was another RE (both said that clomid might not work for me although the RE was willing to try once more with estrace)....I spotted a tiny bit 12 dpo and was sure AF was coming...when I wasn't bleeding by 15 dpo I tested and there was a second line!

I am still super nervous cause we only have our u/s to see the h/b next week. I still feel like it was too good to be true for this to be my cycle and am waiting for something to go wrong :(. All the same, I am thankful that we are able to get pg.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"