North Carolina Babies
Options

I am now on official bedrest. :(

Well, doctor officially put me on bedrest today after getting some high blood pressure readings. I wasn't completely shocked, but I didn't expect it so soon. At least I am only 3 weeks away from my due date at this point. And if you have by any chance been put on bed rest before, what did you do to occupy your time?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am now on official bedrest. :(

• Options

I'm sorry :( That stinks. I hope the 3 weeks fly by for you.

• Options

My case was totally different from yours because I was on hospital bedrest until delivery at 26w, so I have no advice for you other than take it easy :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry! I haven't been on bed rest, but some of my friends have been. I think they watched a lot of TV (it's a good time to watch an entire series, if you'd like), read a lot, and one friend did a lot of cross-stitching. I hope you find a way to pass the time!
  • Options

I was on bedrest for the last 3 weeks with Owen and it sucked.  I read a lot of books and magazines, surfed the internet and bumped, and watched TV.  A lot of TV.  Oh, and I napped a lot :)

I'm sorry you are on bedrest, it is hard to do nothing, but honestly it will do such good for you.  I also had high BP and a lot of swelling and the bedrest (and not being at my stressful job) helped keep O in until 37 weeks.  I hope it goes quickly for you.  And as boring as it might be, try to enjoy the last moments of not having to do anything or take care of anyone but yourself.

• Options
    Netflix instant streaming might be necessary for your sanity.  Maybe be crafty and start working on some christmas presents?  I'm sure you won't have much time to shop once your LO gets here!
  • Options

I did it for 18 days.  It was not fun.  You will manage though.  I have no idea how I occupied my time but I was too worried to focus on anything.

Literally it seems like I did what I had to do to make it through each day. 

You will make it!

• Options

I'm sure that's frustrating.  Hopefully these last few weeks will go by quickly. 

I just finished reading The Book Thief which I really liked if you're looking for a good book recommendation.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're stuck on bedrest :( I hope it goes quickly & easily for you!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hope it goes by quickly.
    imageimage
  • Options

I'm sorry! I feel your pain. I'm not on strict bed rest, I am not allowed to work and am supposed to limit my activity. . .very hard to do with a 2 year old running around.

I would suggest reading since that's hard to do after you have the baby are will be sleep deprived. Also, internet shopping for Christmas gifts. I'm trying to get my shopping done before the baby comes. I've also started working on his baby book. Good luck and hope you're feeling well! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was on bedrest for 3 weeks but was so uncomfortable all I really did was nap, play on my iphone or watch TV. Sounds like fun but it wasn't relaxing at all. I wish I would have read more books during that time, so that's what I recommend!
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I did 37 days. Several movies - some worth repeating (BBC's Pride and Prejuidice) and some not (Lifetime's Nora Roberts flicks). I thought I'd be able to read, but I'd get too tired to continue after a few chapters. Usually with movies I could doze and not feel like I missed much. Some of the time was spent pointing as my husband rearranged furniture. The best was the 2-3hr nap in the afternoon after taking a nice long shower.

But I had the cool kind of bedrest: You can do things, but you shouldn't. Not the don't move except to pee variety

Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"