Parenting after 35

Q for moms of 2 or more

Is it weird that I am BUSTING out of my pants at just over 10 weeks?!  I mean, I heard that your belly pops out much earlier with #2 but this is ridiculous.  I haven't even gained weight, but my shape is definitely different.  I need to go up a size pronto and am reluctant to spend on pants that I'm not going to wear very long.  Grr. I think I stayed in my "normal" pants until 14 weeks with T.

Edit:  I don't mean to sound so whiny/complain about it, I am VERY thankful for this little bean that is making my belly pooch out, I should have just said its frustrating when my work clothes are expensive :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Q for moms of 2 or more

• That happened to me with this pregnancy.  I couldn't believe how quickly it happened.  It's like my belly just said, "Oh, yeah, I guess I need to be THIS shape again!"  Very annoying.  I got a couple of belly bands at Target that got me through until I was ready to pull out the good old maternity gear.  I never used the bands the first time around but this time around they were great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mwdmwd member
    Yup, I was wearing mat pants at 8 weeks with number 2.   And you may get bigger with this pregnancy, so start looking at the clearance racks now for mat clothes that are the next size up for the last month or so!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I cheated. I am frugal and don't much care for some styles of maternity jeans. Most of the time they're too short in the legs. I used these, and just undid the button on my pants.

• not weird.....at all!!! With DD#2, I was back in the ole maternity clothes fullblown by 12-14 weeks (from 10 weeks wearing VERY baggy clothes or unbuttoning my pants).

With #3, I can already see some changes...I think I have gone up a cup size in my bras and things are still fitting...just differantly.

Good Luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was wearing my maternity pants by 10weeks this time around.  With #1, I started around 16 weeks.  I helped to organize a baby shower when I was at the tail-end of my 1st trimester (so I didn't make a public announcement yet).  My sis asked if my close friends knew because I was pooching out despite my efforts to wear a very loose shirtSmile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think last time I started wearing maternity bottoms a little earlie, but I don't remember exactly how much earlier.
  • OMG - I haven't been on the bump in forever and look at what I miss!  CONGRATS!!!!!

(no advice on clothes - just so very happy for you!) 

• Yup, I was already wearing maternity pants at 8 wks with LO #2.  And now I am preggo with LO #3 and am 12 weeks.  I haven't made the announcement to anyone yet but I am huge,and trying to hide in big puffy sweaters.  I plan on coming out after my NT scan on Mon.   My SIL noticed at 8 weeks and asked DH if I was preggers!  Since I am very fit and thin when not pregnant, I pop right away even if just from bloat and it is very noticeable.  So far I have gained 15 lbs and that was 4 weeks ago!  Yikes!  I think your body has a way of remembering and it doesn't take much since the abdominal wall has already been stretched previously.  This pregnancy is ridiculous for me, though.  I can't stop eating...ugh.
  • I never started wearing maternity with either girls, but I am strange that way. Only gained about 10 pounds with each overall and carried pretty high. So no difference for me between #1 and #2. Congratulations!!!!

• I had five years in between but yes the belly looked bigger earlier (I also felt the kicking a lot earlier).  Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"