Houston Babies

Custom Bedding Locally

Anyone used a local person to make custom baby bedding or maybe just done any other type of home upholstry/sewing work for them?

I used a lady online for #1's bedding and liked her but just thought if I could find someone locally, might be cheaper.

Thanks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Custom Bedding Locally

• I also used someone on line last time around and will use this lady next time. She's made lots of stuff for several friends. This is her last price list I have from early 2010, so there might have been a slight increase since then.

Bonnie

Bonnie and she's super sweet. Her turnaround time on the baby bedding is about 2 1/2 weeks and I got some updated pricing from her and yardage amounts.

Bumper: You'll need 1 3/4 yards for the inside fabric and 1 3/4 yards for the outside fabric + 3/4 yard for ties and 1/2 yard for cording (or ruffles) - the cost is $38 for the bumper + $28 for filling + $10 for a zipper

Bed skirt: She is happy to do the larger drop to accommodate the mattress in it's highest position, we'll need to supply her with the measurements on our individual cribs for each of the three settings so she can make us a Velcro pad that we can then Velcro the bed skirt to for the three different lengths...we'll need 4 1/2 yards - the cost is $35 unlined.

Changing Pad: 1 1/2 yard - cost is $10, a zipper is not needed b/c she makes it with elastic around the bottom

Crib Sheet: 2 yards - cost is $10

Roman Shade: Didn't get the specific yardage amount from her b/c I think it would depend upon your window's measurements but the cost is $45 plus an additional $1 per inch x the width of your window (to cover hardware)...so if your window is 75 inches wide, the total cost would be $45 + $75

Pillow: 3/4 yard - cost is $15/ea. + $3 per zipper the nice thing is you don't need to purchase the form or the lining (this is included in the cost)

Window Valances: Call with measurements for yardage amount - cost is $50/ea.

Window Panels: Call with measurements for yardage amount - cost is $40/ea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"