January 2011 Moms
Options

snow suit? snow?

Are you buying one for this winter?

I wasn't going to but then H said "What if he wants to play in the snow?" I am sure he will be walking by January. Guess I should buy one.?

Will you let LO play in the snow this year?

Re: snow suit? snow?

• Options
    probably not. but just dressing him in regular clothes everyday is a struggle, so i probably won't just b/c i can already picture the wwf match i'd have w/ him just trying to get him in one. if it snows here i'll probably just bundle him up in some warmer things & only have him out for a few minutes if he seems anxious to play in it. but then again, i'm in nm so i don't see us getting much snow if any for very long, so that's the other reason we'll forgo it this year. i could see wanting one if we were still dealing with long winters & we're just antsy to get out of the house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD has one because I found it on sale for $7 last spring. DS was 18 months in the middle of winter last year. He had a snowsuit and we went out and used it once. It has to be just the right temp you know. Below freezing is too cold to have them outside, even all bundled up. Last year it was below freezing for weeks and weeks and when it wasn't the snow melted fast.

Maybe try a consignment shop for a cheap one. I saw a bunch of them at the one I check out the other day.

Also even as an experienced walker all of that snow suit was a lot for him to handle. He spent the whole time falling down in the snow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought DD a snowsuite her first two winters and we rarely used them.  Therefore, I will not be getting one for DS.  I will dress him warm, and purcahse him some good boots, in case he wants to go out in the snow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm so glad you posted this JCole. I was totally going to buy one but since all the experienced moms said it's a waste, I'll save my dough. I'll get a warm coat to wear outside but that I can use for stroller walks when it's not snowing and not too cold. But I'll skip the whole shebang.

ETA: I do hope we can get some pics in the snow at least once though! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"