January 2011 Moms
Options

scratch help

Jay scratched himself in the crease next to his eye. He rubs his eyes alot when he wakes up and when he gets tired. Yesterday night he made it bleed again and the same this morning. Any suggestions on how to stop him from reopening the cut? Or helping it heal faster.

Re: scratch help

• Options
    p scratched the white of his eye a few weeks ago. i took him to the pedi just to make sure it looked like it was healing ok or to see if we needed to do anything about it. i had to squeeze a gel antibiotic in his eye 2 times a day & drop natural tears in 3-4 times a day. it was no easy task with a squirmy guy to hold down while i pry his eye open to get the meds in. but it did heal pretty quickly. may want to just call your dr to see if they suggest anything like the ointment if it could heal quicker (i think sometimes the extra moisture is good for their skin)? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekknapp25:
    p scratched the white of his eye a few weeks ago. i took him to the pedi just to make sure it looked like it was healing ok or to see if we needed to do anything about it. i had to squeeze a gel antibiotic in his eye 2 times a day & drop natural tears in 3-4 times a day. it was no easy task with a squirmy guy to hold down while i pry his eye open to get the meds in. but it did heal pretty quickly. may want to just call your dr to see if they suggest anything like the ointment if it could heal quicker (i think sometimes the extra moisture is good for their skin)? 

This.

I feel like I cut Em's nails every other day. She scratches everything & everyone (herself included) lately.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put breast milk on them. We transitioned to formula but I still have some milk because we comfort nurse if she wakes up super early and I want her to go back to sleep. I just squirt some on my finger and dab on the scratch. She gets herself several times a week despite frequent nail trims.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"