May 2011 Moms

What's going on with DD's sleeping?

I?m not sure what?s going on but for the past three nights DD is waking up three times a night. She goes to bed at her normal time between 8:00-8:30 pm and she is up around 12, 2, 4 and then up for the day at 6:30. Before that she was only waking up twice a night which she has been doing forever. For about 4 days though the week before last she was only getting up once a night so I thought things were getting better but now it?s worse than ever.

On Friday she was fussy and it feels like two bottom teeth are coming in but she hasn?t been fussy again. I thought if it was teething than she would still be fussy and probably not want to go back to bed, but when I nurse her, she goes right back to sleep.

Help. She is too old I think to be waking up three times a night especially since it?s not normal for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's going on with DD's sleeping?

• You know, it's funny you mention this. We were OOT on Saturday night and she woke 3x that night and then she did it again last night.  If I paci pop, she's good.  And she's not even crying, just talking to herself, but it's so loud that without me paci-popping, I feel like she'll wake DS. 

Hmmmm.  My DS didn't cut any teeth until 10 months, so I have a hard time believing it's that.  Strange that your DD is pulling the same thing!

If I am you, I would do EVERYTHING you can to avoid nursing her in the MOTN. If she's not used to getting a feeding, then she's going back to sleep because it's comfort.  Try a paci or rocking her for a bit and laying her back down before you resort to nursing her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ben's doing the same thing.  We were out of town last week and I thought that's why- but we've been home for over a week and he's still doing it. 

If you figure out why- let me know.  I'd really love more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. lol

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I knew you were going to mention not feeding her and I really should tough it out for the sake of the long run, but I've been trying to avoid waking up my 8 yr old whose room is right next door and I'm also trying to go back to sleep quickly.

I tried to get DH to go rock her last night but he's sick. When I go in there and pick her up, she smells me and right away starts rooting around. I'm going to try the paci tonight and not pick her up. I hope this is just a phase and ends quickly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh man we have been going through this for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Our LO always slept from 730 till 530-630ish. For the past weeks she gets up btwn 2 and 4 am and it is very difficult to get her back to bed. Most nights i just pull her in bed with me because I am EXHAUSTED!!! I know it has to be her teeth because she is her bottom gums are cut and the teeth are starting to come through!

• I keep reading that frequent and unsual waking around 5-6 months means they are hungry and it's a sign to start solids.

Georgia is teething (has one almost coming through the gums and two more on the verge) and I know when it's bothering her because she screams and cries all day, too.  It's not just a nighttime thing. :)  In fact, the days when she's been really fussy with teething, she has slept well at night because she's been up all day.

• Its definately up for discussion for sure because my LO has been getting a fruit and a veggie along with 1 serving of rice cereal for about 3 weeks now....who knows what it could be but I definately think for my LO its her teeth...poor baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"