January 2012 Moms
Options

cervical pressure/pain? anyone else?

Today was a really busy day at work and I was on my feet almost constantly. At one point I started feeling sharp pains in my sides and back and heavy pressure at my cervix. It was almost painful and took my breath away at one point. It almost felt like I had to have a bowel movement (sorry if that's TMI) and even tried. It relieved some of the pressure, but not all of it.

I figured the baby is head down now and this is normal, but then again it worried me. After I was able to sit down and chart a while it went away. I asked another nurse and she said that it sounds like the baby's head, but to ask my doctor next time I go in. That would be tomorrow and I'm definitely going to ask, but has anyone else experienced anything similar?

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: cervical pressure/pain? anyone else?

• Options

I get it sometimes too...like so much pressure I go to the bathroom to check to see if her little head is trying to come out. Silly, yes but seriously, it feels like any moment she's going to fall out! And the pressure isn't only in my vaginal region either, the other day I swore she was going to fall out of my butt! Or even come out straight in between the areas...

I need to ask my MW about this as well but I keep forgetting!

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would say it could be a combo of baby's head and BH.  I have had some pressure/pain down there and generally it is worse when I have been doing a lot, on my feet a lot, etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was having a lot of increased pressure and mentioned it to my OB last visit.  She did an exam and said I had a small infection (guess it was nothing that came up in the urine samples?)  I just finished a course of antibiotics and have not felt that pressure at all....just BH and movement. 

ETA:  She said although I had no symptoms of infection, that the pressure could very well have been caused by it and considering it is gone now, I guess she was right Cool

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsMitty, if you don't mind me asking...what kind of infection?
    the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
  • Options

imagelaceyann2008:

Lacey,
      My OB actually never said exactly but I assume it was bacterial vaginosis since that is one of the most common infections during pregnancy.  I took Flagyl to treat it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsMitty08:

imagelaceyann2008:

Lacey,
      My OB actually never said exactly but I assume it was bacterial vaginosis since that is one of the most common infections during pregnancy.  I took Flagyl to treat it. 

I was just wondering possibly what kind because I didn't know that an infection could cause that kind of senstation...

you learn something new every day.

My Blog || BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"