37 Weeks Pregnant
Options

SO ready to be done!

Just needed to vent... Sorry, haha

I am currently either 37 or 38 weeks pregnant with my first child. My O.B. has waffled back and fourth about how far along I am for my ENTIRE pregnancy. She hasn't yet checked my cervix for dilation. Last week she decided I was at 36 weeks (making me 37 this week) BUT at yesterday's appointment, she said I was measuring 38 weeks! So... basically, we have no clue really when this baby is coming! She said that she wants to wait until next week to do my final ultrasound and check out my cervix. She is a sweet sweet lady, but I have to say that I am growing impatient with all the not knowing! I wish she would have checked me out yesterday for dilation or at least gave it a quick look last week when she did the group B strep test. Oh well.

I have done well throughout my pregnancy. No problems at all to speak of. But this last couple of weeks have been rough to say the least! I can no longer find a comfortable position to sleep in. I don't think one exists, really.I am constantly tired and I am getting the most ridiculous hot flashes and cold sweats! Since this is my first, I have no idea if the discomfort I am feeling is normal. I don't know if I should "know" when to expect her. I have aches and pains here and there, but I don't really know what to make of them. Today I do feel some pretty intense pressure on the left side of my pelvis, hip, and thigh. Maybe she has dropped? No clue! All I know is that it hurts when I walk/stand. Ouch! I am excited, anxious, scared, and growing ever impatient to meet my little girl!

I watched a short video on childbirth (specifically vaginal delivery) today. I have to be totally honest... it has me a little FREAKED OUT! It is incredibly daunting to imagine my body doing that. I know, I know... women have done this for YEARS! This, however, does not exactly ease the slight fear that maybe my body can't handle this. Maybe mine can't do it! I am sure that this is totally irrational, and likely something that all first time mothers deal with. I am trying to go with the attitude that this too shall pass. I am hoping that my labor and delivery story is one of the successful ones. One of the good, happy, easy ones. Maybe if I hold onto that, it will happen that way! All I know is that I so want to meet this little girl that has been growing inside me for the past 9 months! I want to see her face and hear her voice. I just wish she would hurry up!!

Sorry again, but let's face it! We all need a good venting session now and then :)

Re: SO ready to be done!

• Options
    I hear you!  I'm so ready to be done, and I'm so uncomfortably full of this squirmy and very active child.  I just want to sit in a hot bath for the next few weeks and never get out.  Ugg.  I'm so impressed at how women keep having children when the process is like this. But I'm sure it will be worth it when we hold our tiny miracles.  Good luck!
  • Options
    That group b strep test is done at 37 weeks at least that is what my doctor says.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Everything you are feeling is NORMAL!!! There is nothing to worry about. Not many babies come exactly on their due date! Just relax as much as you can right now. I am 37 weeks pregnant w my 5th so I have been down this road. I am ready to be done to. Usually when they measure your tummy thats how many weeks you are. At this point there is no sleep its kinda preparing you for the baby to come. The baby can come anytime now but since its your first it may stay for 40 weeks or past. They only let you go 42 weeks though. Its the excitement of finally getting to meet the new addition. Hope this was a lil bit of help

• Options
    I'm glad to know that I am not the only one feeling that exact same way. I dont know what to make of every pain or tightening in my stomache as this is my first one too. The baby birth video was more tramatizing that helpful, sleep is a figment of my imagination and if one more person patronizes me  with "its going to be over soon" I might smack them. Right now I feel like this is never going to end. I manage multiple apartment complexes so I walk a lot each day causing my legs, ankles and feet to swell to abnormal sizes. I cant even get into my slippers some mornings and putting on shoes is down right painful most days. Like you said I know women have been doing this for centuries and I'm not the first to feel this way but if he doesnt show his adorable little face soon I might go crazy..... wait after reading all this back to myself it sounds like I might already be there. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Options
    The Group B test is done at 36 weeks (this is my second).
  • Options
     I had my b test done at 36 weeks soo...I also feel like I'm not going to be able to carry this baby much longer either ( i'm 37 weeks today) but I heard that is normal for a lot of first time moms. First of all, even though this is my first baby...those birth stories on t.v. or that they show you in the hospital classes make me so angry. They only serve to increase your anxiety which makes labor that much more painful and stalls it too, i'm doing natural birth at a birth center and I am fully confident and even hype up about doing it. Yes, women have been doing this for centuries...and currently around the world a majority have their babies outside of hospitals without all the medical interventions. I trust my body to deliver my baby just as it has developed this amazing baby for me the last 9 months. I'm not delusional about the "work" and pain but that is part of the process. I'm not ordering a cheeseburger at a drive thru-this is my child and I feel like going the easy and convenient route to getting my child into this world like that is so wrong. This is the one time in my life I feel I owe it to my child and myself to do the right thing and actual labor.
  • Options
    I feel like my twin wrote this!!! I don't know who you are or where your from , but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and I hate being pregnant. People call me Scrooge an tell me it's a huge miracle that a baby is growing inside of me, I think their full of crap! I've had so many aches, pains, lack of sleep, heartburn, (and many other symptoms) that I just want this little girl out already so I can meet her and be done having kids (my hubby already has 2) but I am honestly miserable! And the 100+ degree weather makes it even worse. Sometimes I feel like I have absolutely no one to vent to and I am so glad that you did! This is my first and only child that I will be pregnant with because if I have to do this again, I might go nuts! I feel like sometimes no one understands the self consciousness I am going trough. Much less my hubby. I am fairly young,not a teen mom but i am 22 and Idk what feelings are normal and such 
  • Options

I am in the same boat as you with the whole being called "Scrooge" thing.  I just keep hearing, "Aww, now, you don't mean that..." or "But this is such a wonderful thing!"  No, it's really not!  Those words should never come out of a woman's mouth who's never been THIS pregnant before, and those who are already moms should know that it's not a cake-walk.  It's hotter than Hades outside, I'm as big as a house, I'm walking on land yachts due to the swelling, and you're telling me this is beautiful?  Come here and let me smack you.

I'm sorry, I hate complaining about this, but at this point, I'm just ready to have my body back!!

• Options

I love you guys, I loathe being pregnant this too is my first and I have no idea why anyone would do this more than once.  I willl be 37 weeks Friday and I'm so over this, I want this kid evicted asap I'm done sharing my body I want it back.  I've been throwin gup daily since week 7 I've been OVER THIS for some time now! I want to stop waking up because I'm choking on my own stomach acid I throw up in the middle of the night, when I can on the off chance actually fall asleep.  I'm sick of my pelvic area hurting I can hardly roll over or walk without being in excrutiating pain. 

• Options
    i am pregnant wth my second child. Vaginal birth is not as scary as you think. We woman have been doing since time begain. Plus you have doctors and nurses around you. i chose pain meds and do not regret it. Mine was short and a touch of drama. almost had to have a c-section. it will be ok. you will be ok and seein youg little one afterwards is the best. its horrible to get comforatable ... if there is such a thing. but its almost over thats what i keep saying.
  • Options

Deep breaths. The baby will come when she's ready. Don't be so concerned what week you're at, it will just make the home stretch worse.

if you're worried about the birth perhaps you should look into hypnobirthing or acupuncture. I've been using both tools throughout my pregnancy as I came into this journey very fearful, and now I'm very calm. Society has made birthing to be such a scary thing when it's really a privilege.  

• Options
    I do have to say it so refreshing hear someone else thirty seven weeks is dealing with the same issues with feeling their ob is taking a long time to fill me in on when I can meet my little girl. I would love to go in to labor today to be honest because it becoming very hard to find a comfortable position even relax. Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck girlie.
  • Options
    imageLeiraMummy:
    I hear you!nbsp; I'm so ready to be done, and I'm so uncomfortably full of this squirmy and very active child.nbsp; I just want to sit in a hot bath for the next few weeks and never get out.nbsp; Ugg.nbsp; I'm so impressed at how women keep having children when the process is like this. But I'm sure it will be worth it when we hold our tiny miracles.nbsp; Good luck!

Oh my gawsh! I know! I really can't help thinking "Dude these women who have kids one right after the other ate freakin' nuts!" I know I'm certainly done after this. One kid is enough for me and one pregnancy is DEFINITELY enough.
  • Options
    Wow I'm really not the only one!!: I honestly thought I was alone! I turned 37 weeks yesterday, I feel I can not wait to my due date aug 3! I need to have my baby girl in the next week! Sleep hasn't been an option for a while now. My thighs crap up when I lay on one side to long then ill turn over to go through it again! She has dropped big time so I use the bathroom litterly every 45 minutes. I'm not too worried about labor. The way I look at it is seeing I have had no complications during my pregnancy, I'm healthy, young and have been active I feel it will go smoothly! I just want it to hurry up and happen alreadyy! I wish you luck and hope you don't have to wait that much longer because I know how much of a drag it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"