Pre-School and Daycare

What would your child like best for a snack

DS has to take snack for his class on Thursday.  Here are some of my ideas

1) mini rice cakes and apple slices

2) cheese and crackers

3) apples and peanut butter or carmel, maybe a mini granola bar too

4) carrot sticks and ranch....and something else.  Not sure what to put with this one.

I was also given the suggestion of pb&j cut into the shape of a pumpkin.  I think this is cute and would probably put apples or carrots with it but then wondered if this was too much for a snack.  I like sending two things so kids hopefully get something they like.

Re: What would your child like best for a snack

• Apples, cheese and crackers.  Wouldn't take them put together in case of dairy allergies (I know one kid in DD's class who is allergic to dairy so would be sure to bring apples he could eat).  We aren't allowed to bring any peanut products or even products produced in non-peanut free facilities to DC so that option is likely out for that reason as most schools have that ban.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• My picky children would probably prefer 1, maybe 2. But yeah, check to see if there are any restrictions on peanuts or other allergens.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • DS would like any of it. Mini rice cakes are not something we have all the time so he might choose those first.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like 4 best but with yogurt instead of Ranch.  Yogurt is great with apple slices especially.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • No peanut allergies/restrictions
  • #2 for my picky guy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • For those of you who said cheese and crackers, how would you do this?  Teachers like to have everything portioned out.  Cubes of cheese, slices, cheese sticks?  What about the crackers?
  • I would pass on anything peanut related.  I would go with cheese and crackers.  I love apple and carmel (just had some myself) but it can be really messy.  If you want to include a fruit or veggie - I would bring the apple slices without a topping.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • imagejlw2505:
    I would pass on anything peanut related.  I would go with cheese and crackers.  I love apple and carmel (just had some myself) but it can be really messy.  If you want to include a fruit or veggie - I would bring the apple slices without a topping.

Peanuts are ok/allowed that's why I was thinking of that kind of stuff.  And the teacher is the one who said kids like to "dip" foods, but I agree its a mess.  Although if I'm not cleaning it up and she doesnt care......lol

• How about those packages of cracker sticks & cheese dip?  They are pre-portioned, self-contained, and come with a nifty cheese 'spreader' stick thing! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto the apples, cheese, and crackers!
  • Crackers. She'd also eat the sandwich though...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"