January 2011 Moms
Options

NBR- Crockpot

Anyone have any good recipes??

Re: NBR- Crockpot

• Options
    I would give Molluskwrangler a shout on 9-12...shes a foodie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBrittDay03:
    Yeah, I just don't post there all that much. And with all the drama from before I've stayed off that board and haven't even lurked so I don't even feel comfortable posting...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsLynnyD:
    imageBrittDay03:
    Yeah, I just don't post there all that much. And with all the drama from before I've stayed off that board and haven't even lurked so I don't even feel comfortable posting...

I'm pretty sure I remember her posting about how she hates crockpots anyways.  We've tried a few from skinnytaste.com and they were so good!  Also check out Crock Pot 365

• Options

crockpot 365 is a good one.  chicken with 40 cloves is a much-ballyhooed classic, and I've heard good things about french dip in the crock pot.  I love Alton Brown's oatmeal recipe in the winter, too, since you just wake up and there's hot breakfast waiting (though I do different fruit than he does--I think he uses figs or some crap).

In my experience though, if it's something you braise or boil there's definitely a crock pot recipe out there.  Think more what you want to make instead of what you want to make in the crock pot, and then get to googling.  I'm trying a cobbled together butternut squash risotto crock pot recipe tomorrow... if it doesn't suck I'll totally share it, heh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsHollywood1023:

imageMrsLynnyD:
    imageBrittDay03:

I'm pretty sure I remember her posting about how she hates crockpots anyways.  We've tried a few from skinnytaste.com and they were so good!  Also check out Crock Pot 365

Wow, that Crockpot 365 is impressive!! Thanks!!
  • Options
    imagebroccolitree:

crockpot 365 is a good one.  chicken with 40 cloves is a much-ballyhooed classic, and I've heard good things about french dip in the crock pot.  I love Alton Brown's oatmeal recipe in the winter, too, since you just wake up and there's hot breakfast waiting (though I do different fruit than he does--I think he uses figs or some crap).

In my experience though, if it's something you braise or boil there's definitely a crock pot recipe out there.  Think more what you want to make instead of what you want to make in the crock pot, and then get to googling.  I'm trying a cobbled together butternut squash risotto crock pot recipe tomorrow... if it doesn't suck I'll totally share it, heh.

If I babysit your beautiful little girl for a week will you come visit and show me how you make so much good food that I never even think to try but makes my mouth water when you TYPE about it? (yep that's one sentence :)

• Options
    imageffejsGirl:
    imagebroccolitree:

If I babysit your beautiful little girl for a week will you come visit and show me how you make so much good food that I never even think to try but makes my mouth water when you TYPE about it? (yep that's one sentence :)

I was thinking of starting a meal planning/recipes blog, so if I get off my lazy ass to do it I'll definitely tell you guys.  And thanks for the compliment!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"